2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Sheepy »

SiMamu wrote:@RITGK: The agent of Bellusci & Antennuci has claimed they're too important to sell according to Massimo Cellino. #LUFC http://t.co/HhNiIYQJRR
This pretty much proves Cellino knows very little about football.

Antenucci is ok, would make a good league one player but I wouldn't be devastated if he left, infact it would be a good move as he would be off the wage bill, but thats by the by...... as for Bellusci, well if we received an offer for him I'll personally drive him to the airport, he must be a dream for any half decent centre forward, I've never seen a centre half who gets the wrong side of the attacker so many times. And to add to that, he's an easy wind up, takes stupid risks (like the back heel clearance last season) and is a potential red card every game because of the stupid shirt pulls, leading with his knees when he jumps, not so sly elbows etc... blokes a liability.

Only thing that gives me a smile about Antenucci and Bellusci is they managed to rip Huddersfield apart, how number 2s are they!!!?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sheepy wrote:
SiMamu wrote:@RITGK: The agent of Bellusci & Antennuci has claimed they're too important to sell according to Massimo Cellino. #LUFC http://t.co/HhNiIYQJRR

Antenucci is ok, would make a good league one player but I wouldn't be devastated if he left, infact it would be a good move as he would be off the wage bill, but thats by the by...... as for Bellusci, well if we received an offer for him I'll personally drive him to the airport, he must be a dream for any half decent centre forward, I've never seen a centre half who gets the wrong side of the attacker so many times. And to add to that, he's an easy wind up, takes stupid risks (like the back heel clearance last season) and is a potential red card every game because of the stupid shirt pulls, leading with his knees when he jumps, not so sly elbows etc... blokes a liability.

Only thing that gives me a smile about Antenucci and Bellusci is they managed to rip Huddersfield apart, how number 2s are they!!!?
While I agree with all that, I'd counter it by saying they're both WAY better technically than any other player we have in their respective positions.
If - and it's a big if - Rosler can coach them to deal with English football and adapt their play the same way he did, we might have a couple of gems on our hands. Sometimes you need an objective eye from someone foreign in order to cut through all this stuff and get to the nub of the problem.

Here's hoping Uwe's that man.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sheepy wrote:

Sorry but I disagree, first this was said by the players agent there is no evidence that Cellino actually said what was stated, maybe he did maybe he didn't i certainly don't know.

As for the two players concerned Antenucci was our best striker last season in my opinion (without a great deal of competition i will add).
Bellusci does need good management but does have ability and could yet turn out very good or us, leave it to Rosler i would say. The facts show he played in 11 of our 13 clean sheets, not bad for a liabilty.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
ben87
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by ben87 »

Sheepy wrote:

I agree re Bellusci, I don't see what others do in him. Mirco though, I like him, a very good finisher and still pretty quick for his age
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Selby White wrote: The facts show he played in 11 of our 13 clean sheets, not bad for a liabilty.
You should be a politician hand picking those type of stats, other facts show he picked up 13 yellow cards and 2 red cards from 30 games, so for every 2 games he plays, he picks up a card - now for me, that is a liability because with that sort of discipline he can't be relied upon. As a comparison, Cooper played 29 games picking up 5 yellows and Wootton played 32 (some at Rotherham) and also picked up 5 yellows.

That said, if Rosler can coach him and iron out his bad points then fair enough, everyones a winner, not sure its possible with him though.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Sheepy wrote:
Selby White wrote: The facts show he played in 11 of our 13 clean sheets, not bad for a liabilty.
You should be a politician hand picking those type of stats, other facts show he picked up 13 yellow cards and 2 red cards from 30 games, so for every 2 games he plays, he picks up a card - now for me, that is a liability because with that sort of discipline he can't be relied upon. As a comparison, Cooper played 29 games picking up 5 yellows and Wootton played 32 (some at Rotherham) and also picked up 5 yellows.

That said, if Rosler can coach him and iron out his bad points then fair enough, everyones a winner, not sure its possible with him though.
Thats the point i'm making that its really down to Rosler and we need to back his judgement. We can use stats both good and bad to justify arguments but in the end its all about which 11 players are on the field and play well together that will get results.
Some people on here don't like Bellusci, some dont like Cooper for me I see good things in both of them, which is most likely in our starting line up i don't know.

As Rosler says, everyone here starts with a clean sheet, its now up to the players (All of them) to prove themselves to him. I am a believer that different players respond to different coaches/managers.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Im all for giving everyone a clean sheet as its a new era with a new manangement structure in place, also with it being at the start of a new season which can only bode well for all players and staff, Rosler will find out himself who is able or not for most of the players during the pre season training and games but there will be a few players that it wont show until the actual real championship games come. All the players are wanting to make a good impression during pre season but what UR needs to decide is can they do it when it matters once August comes and beyond
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Based on last summer's signings, it would indeed be hard to believe Cellino knows anything about football. This summer seems to be going better, but the proof will be in the pudding.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 4h4 hours ago
Really impressed with Chris Wood signing. Left winger and centre mid are the club's two remaining targets now. #lufc
The main man is back from paternity leave.

On Bellusci, there seems to be a talented footballer and defender in there, but his tendency to stupidity makes him a liability. Whilst Bamba seemingly provided a calming influence on him for a period, when the two kept several clean sheets together, the fact that he always has the potential to do something very stupid and costly makes him a liability and always a risk whenever he's played. His poor disciplinary record demonstrates why he can be considered a liability. He conceded a penalty for wrestling someone down in the box, costing us two points, against Charlton (at home). Whilst his inability to judge a bouncing ball correctly lead to him conceding a penalty. Whilst the penalty against Bournemouth was a tactical foul outside the box that was wrongly awarded as a penalty, the other two were down to his failings and tendency to doing moronic things. Bellusci is good on the ball and is a better positioner than Cooper, but he lunges into tackles far too quickly, with this particularly on show when we lost 3-0 to Blackburn (at home). He plays in a position where you want composure, but he has little, and that makes him a very unnerving player to have. I'd rather we have someone more composed alongside Bamba, but if Rosler believes Bellusci can be calmed down then I won't object, particularly as I feel pace out wide is of greater importance, at present, than another centre back.

Rigger, you mentioned how you wanted us to sign a young, agile centre back. Speaking to my Portsmouth supporting mate, I was reminded of the existence of Jack Whatmough. He's currently out until Christmas with a cruciate ligament injury, but he's definitely someone I'd like us to monitor. He's 6ft, but strong for his height, whilst he's also very good on the ball. He can be a little bit too aggressive in the tackle, but he's 18 so there's time for him to improve that side of his game.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SiMamu wrote: Rigger, you mentioned how you wanted us to sign a young, agile centre back. Speaking to my Portsmouth supporting mate, I was reminded of the existence of Jack Whatmough. He's currently out until Christmas with a cruciate ligament injury, but he's definitely someone I'd like us to monitor. He's 6ft, but strong for his height, whilst he's also very good on the ball. He can be a little bit too aggressive in the tackle, but he's 18 so there's time for him to improve that side of his game.
Wootton might still be the answer.
He has a decent pedigree, coming from Man U's academy, but we haven't seen enough of him at DC to judge.
If Byram and Berardi sew up the right back slot, he may well be in Uwe's plans to cover in the middle anyway.