2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
LeeBowyersLawyer
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by LeeBowyersLawyer »

i like bobby wood, he has a knack for scoring important goals at big moments
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Mellor wrote:I'd probably pay but MC doesn't pay when he thinks he has right on his side and this has only been to an FA arbitration panel, not court. You have to laugh:

"The winger agreed a three-year deal when he joined Leeds on loan midway through the 2013-14 season but problems with the paperwork saw the Football League return the contract to Elland Road"

So there never was a 'ratified' (by the FL) contract but the contract has to be met (or at least the difference between it and what CJ earned whilst failing at Ipswich). Can't remember who signed him but between him (manager), Haigh (cheque generator) and GFH and CJ himself there wasn't a single person doing their job properly.

Who pays - as ever MC, the only bloke with his head screwed on the right way. Zany truly zany. Apparently MC is our problem :D
Your spot but this is an interesting "legal"dilemma for the football league as it was them that refused to ratify the permensntly deal - so from their perspective how can they sanction against and enforce something they say is not legitimate. The other element is the true legal position which revolves around employment law , which I can only assume there is an intention to appeal against the high court decision.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

I was just reading on an Irish forum that Tommie Hoban has been listed for loan by Watford, im surprised if thats true because he played 27 games for them last year. I think he would be great at us, hes a young 6 foot 2 centre back. Definitely a realistic target who we should be going for.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Apparently we are bidding to sign an Icelandic midfielder named Birkir Bjarnason. There has never been a more Nordic sounding name.

http://the72.co.uk/30393/update-bjarnas ... ter-offer/?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

USA for Leeds wrote:There has never been a more Nordic sounding name
Nor indeed a more Nordic-looking fella :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

Lol, no kidding. Wow. He could be a regular on 'Vikings.'
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

USA for Leeds wrote:Lol, no kidding. Wow. He could be a regular on 'Vikings.'
Or anyone in GoT :mrgreen:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

@EmaGiulianelli: Bjarnason has been offered from Leeds£320k a year to play. More than Torino can pay. There could be movement next week. Looks positive.

Linked with Sidwell
http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/04/re ... nt=HITCepl
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Sidwell would be a perfect fit for me, a good experienced head who has played at the top level and has championship experience. His age may be an issue for some, but if he has the legs (Cook, Mowatt, Murphy, Phillips) around him to do the running, although his work rate has always been a big plus in his game, IMO.

Don't know a lot about Bjarnason, but he has age on his side in comparison to Sidwell. - I am, however, sceptical of any Serie B/C signings after last season.