2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Aces »

USA for Leeds wrote:Apparently we are bidding to sign an Icelandic midfielder named Birkir Bjarnason. There has never been a more Nordic sounding name.

http://the72.co.uk/30393/update-bjarnas ... ter-offer/?
I know I've said this before and it means very little, but it says he's a Leeds player on Wiki. :crazy:

He might be a good signing an Icelandic international, a team who aren't that bad currently.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Can we just call him Thor?
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

rigger wrote:
USA for Leeds wrote:There has never been a more Nordic sounding name
Nor indeed a more Nordic-looking fella :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is an actual viking
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

jslufcAUS wrote:
rigger wrote:
USA for Leeds wrote:There has never been a more Nordic sounding name
Nor indeed a more Nordic-looking fella :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

:lol: :lol: :lol: that is an actual viking

His first club? VIKING FC!!!! I'm not making this up!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birkir_ ... #Viking_FK

And holy crap, you will not believe who his manager was at Viking, Any guesses? Anyone? I'll give you a hint: it's rhymes with "gooey tossler." Or is it "groov-ay tossler"? Well, no matter how you pronounce it, I think it's fairly obvious who I'm talking about.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Iceland are a decent side these days, so if he's a regular for them I'd be delighted to welcome him to Valhalla, I mean, Elland Road :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

USA for Leeds wrote:
His first club? VIKING FC!!!! I'm not making this up!

I managed to find a team photo of him with them when he was a bit younger :

Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

Linked to another centre midfielder, I would be surprised if we signed someone in that position Its the 1 area I think we are covered in with Cook,Murphy and Mowatt. I would rather see us spend the money on a winger.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

ruelfox wrote:Linked to another centre midfielder, I would be surprised if we signed someone in that position Its the 1 area I think we are covered in with Cook,Murphy and Mowatt. I would rather see us spend the money on a winger.
According to Phil Hay, we're after a left winger and a central midfielder to complete our transfer business. Bjarnason is a free agent, by the way.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/05/re ... eadlineday
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 972

Bjarnson can play left wing also I read somewhere.I would like to see us sign an experienced goalkeeper, A winger or 2 and another striker and a centre back.Thats a lot to ask for and I dont expect it, but I think we could do with it!. I think 1 winger a striker and a centre back should be priority.I would get rid of Doukara and definitely Bianchi if possible.
Deleted User 972

I wonder does Jerome Thomas have anything to offer he was released by Palace recently and has been here before could be an option, I would prefer somebody a bit more experienced than Barker for the wing.