2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Selby White »

ruelfox wrote:Linked to another centre midfielder, I would be surprised if we signed someone in that position Its the 1 area I think we are covered in with Cook,Murphy and Mowatt. I would rather see us spend the money on a winger.
I'd see this signing (if it happens) a replacement for Austin and would make sense. We have some excellent players in the 3 you mention but young players can be quite inconsistant and we need a expeienced solid midfielder in the squad. Cook is a class act and fantastic prospect but he is still prone to giving the ball away cheaply at times. Both Mowatt and Murphy can be brilliant but can also have quiet games. With our 3 talented midfielders in the team we still get overun in that department at times and need a physical presence to compete near the top of the league.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

@PhilHayYEP: @steve14b @Lufc__Fan I've asked around about Barker and it doesn't sound like Leeds will be signing him.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

SiMamu wrote:@PhilHayYEP: @steve14b @Lufc__Fan I've asked around about Barker and it doesn't sound like Leeds will be signing him.
With City rating him so highly, I couldn't see him fitting into the 'loan with an option to buy' model Cellino insists upon.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/05/ja ... eadlineday
Linked with Forest winger Jamie Paterson
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

While we probably won't find better central midfielders than Cook, Mowatt and Murphy, we could use another for depth, and right now all we have is Bianchi, who I think is still broken. And Bjarnason can play wing. Is he any good? No idea. But a player like him would be welcome.
rigger wrote:
USA for Leeds wrote:
His first club? VIKING FC!!!! I'm not making this up!

I managed to find a team photo of him with them when he was a bit younger :

That made me laugh so hard my wife was starting to get worried!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

]Simon O'Rourke ‏@simon_orourke · 3h3 hours ago
Was told this morning that #LUFC are expecting to sign 4 players in the next 9 days, including one "fantastic" signing.

Wonder what happens to the other 3 including the fantastic one. This tweet was 14 days ago, think Simon O'Rourke needs to find some new sources.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Selby White wrote:]Simon O'Rourke ‏@simon_orourke · 3h3 hours ago
Was told this morning that #LUFC are expecting to sign 4 players in the next 9 days, including one "fantastic" signing.

Wonder what happens to the other 3 including the fantastic one. This tweet was 14 days ago, think Simon O'Rourke needs to find some new sources.
2/4 - Bamba and Wood. Wood was clearly the fantastic signing. He was probably told Barker would happen, but our inability to agree a permanent fee has led to the deal falling through. The 4th one, I don't know, Jamie Murphy, but negotiating a swap deal was always going to take time. The completion of a transfer is never going to be a clear cut business. They're complicated and, if you aren't panic buying with no time to negotiate, it can take longer than expected to agree the right price. We know that we're targeting two further players - a left winger (Murphy, Barker, Paterson) and a central midfielder (Bjarnason, Sidwell, Barton, Eustace) - so this, to an extent, fits with O'Rourke said of us attempting to reach the completion of four more players after Erwin.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Not sure I see Wood as the big one personally but the fact we paid £2mill plus add ons may suggest different to others.
Murphy of those named is the one I would be most happy with.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Selby White wrote:Not sure I see Wood as the big one personally but the fact we paid £2mill plus add ons may suggest different to others.
You don't think it amazing that we've paid circa £3 million for a striker who hasn't scored for a year ;)

Not criticising the signing by the way. Excited to see him play and hopefully see him fulfil the potential those ITK obviously see in him.

As for Twitter - never follow anyone who starts tweets with ' I was told .....' It never ends well :)
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mellor wrote:
Selby White wrote:Not sure I see Wood as the big one personally but the fact we paid £2mill plus add ons may suggest different to others.
You don't think it amazing that we've paid circa £3 million for a striker who hasn't scored for a year ;)

Not criticising the signing by the way. Excited to see him play and hopefully see him fulfil the potential those ITK obviously see in him.

As for Twitter - never follow anyone who starts tweets with ' I was told .....' It never ends well :)
Think you are right about twitter judging by the 10% accuracy rate on here, not that I know as i'm a dinasaur that doesn't use it :o