Where will we be at the end of the season ? POLL

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

1st or 2nd Automatic Promotion
4%
3rd to 6th Play Offs
26%
7th to 12th
52%
13th to 20th
17%
21st to 24th Relegation
1%

Total votes: 94

Deleted User 2299

Re: Where will we be at the end of the season ? POLL

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

I went for 13-20 but i believe its more like 17-24. Last season I could count on one hand where I felt we played well. We had a purple patch under Redders that went a long way to saving us.
We can't keep relying on luck and need to build a team that on merit deserves a shot at promotion. Again I feel our owner/s talk the talk and fail to walk the walk.
Until we start to take promotion out of the championship seriously and bring in quality players, I give more credit to Howard Wilkinson than to Cellino, for the positives we do have in our squad to date.
I feel our manager isnt up for the task and we lack wingers and proven goal scorers. Pre season hasnt done anything to give me encouragement that we are better than last season.

I'm hoping more of our youth players get the chance and prove to be quality.
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

ChilwellWhite wrote:
dskimcbski wrote:Ever the optimist I'm saying we'll make the Playoffs!!!!!

Someone had to say it...... :thumbup:

Not as optimistic as the person who thinks we will go up automatically :crazy:
It was me who voted for automatic promotion :)

Any result is possible at the start of the season - if they start well, they may carry it on all the way.

It's like with betting: if you are too modest with your predictions, the return is medicore and, on most occasions, you'll lose anyway :) If Leeds succeed, I can proudly say I believed from the first minute of the season, unlike you lot! :D Only kidding :wave: 8-)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Tourist wrote:If Leeds succeed, I can proudly say I believed from the first minute of the season, unlike you lot!

That's the spirit ! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

At least noo Me thinks we will be relegated :D
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:At least noo Me thinks we will be relegated :D
Is noo Me a member on here? :D
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

MOT1964 wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:At least noo Me thinks we will be relegated :D
Is noo Me a member on here? :D
iPad has a mind of its own :oops:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

After the nightmare early season last year, I do believe Rosler seems to be creating a structure to the squad and a certain way of playing. The tour seems to have been a reasonable success, so it remains to be seen if the players are good enough to do what he wants, they do seem to be buying into what he`s trying to do going by their comments on the OS. 7th to 12th for me.
Deleted User 728

LAsouthcoast wrote:After the nightmare early season last year, I do believe Rosler seems to be creating a structure to the squad and a certain way of playing. The tour seems to have been a reasonable success, so it remains to be seen if the players are good enough to do what he wants, they do seem to be buying into what he`s trying to do going by their comments on the OS. 7th to 12th for me.
Great post :thumbup:

I agree and would like to add that good, organised teams are better than disparate groups of better quality individuals individuals.

Look at Brentford last season.
Look at Everton under Moyes.
Look at Swansea, especially last season.
Compared to the sides around them, they didn't look that good on paper, but they performed consistently better than people expected, their team being greater than the sum of its parts.

If you want even more drastic examples, look no further than the World Cup - Holland and Costa Rica's staggering tournaments compared to Spain and Brazil especially.

In Uwe's - and our ! - favour is that he's enjoyed a proper pre-season that's been relatively stable and compared to last season it's night and day.

Onwards and upwards !

9th place it is then :lolno:
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

I kind of disagree. Everton may not have had the biggest stars in the Premier league but they have had some of the best players. Coleman, Baines, jagielka, Distin and Howard as solid a back five in the league.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Deleted User 728

birkybullufc wrote:I kind of disagree. Everton may not have had the biggest stars in the Premier league but they have had some of the best players. Coleman, Baines, jagielka, Distin and Howard as solid a back five in the league.
I was thinking more about when they nicked fourth spot that season - no way should they have managed that ..