Where will we be at the end of the season ? POLL

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Where

1st or 2nd Automatic Promotion
4%
3rd to 6th Play Offs
26%
7th to 12th
52%
13th to 20th
17%
21st to 24th Relegation
1%

Total votes: 94

birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Where will we be at the end of the season ? POLL

Post by birkybullufc »

As the squad currently stands I think it is weaker than last year's. Still waiting for a winger. The one thing we've needed above all else since Snodgrass was sold. Why oh why are we still waiting?
When things turned around last year, it was when Murphy, Austin, Morison and Bamba became regulars in the spine of the team. Murphy injured, Austin and just about Morison are gone. A lot of pressure will be on Wood to perform from the off.
With the teams that came down and those that came up, I think the Championship is even tougher this season.
Hope I'm wrong but I think we're in for another struggle this season.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Be interested to hear more on why you feel we are weaker now than last season? Genuinely. I was pretty happy to see all of those that were allowed to go leave with the possible exception of Rudy. Having now seen Adeyemi I honestly believe he could well be a better bet in the same role as Rudy. Billy Sharp was no better or worse than any other striker we had so I don't consider him a loss. We have to believe at the moment that Chris Wood IS going to be the 20 goal a season man we've missed for so long so I really couln't argue that we are a weaker side; not that much stronger I admit, but not weaker and if Uwe is any good and if the young lads have bottled last year's experiences then overall we must be a better package. Still missing quality at the back, a creative mastermind in midfield and a winger or 2...but still better.
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

I think Rudy and Morison provided valuable experience when backs were to the wall almost last season. I think Wood is a talent but with an interrupted pre season he'll be under a lot of pressure.
Sharp and Morison gone and going respectively. No Ajose, Adryan, Montenegro. Choices are limited up front. Antenucci attitude stunk after Xmas on and off the field. Doukara faded and seems limited.
There will be more pressures on the youngsters this season and oppositions will start to have plans to deal with them.
Murphy missing for the first few weeks may highlight our lack of strength in depth. 46 games exposes week squads unless you are very lucky injury wise.
still no winger, creative attacker.
The way Redfearn and Thompson gelled the team after Xmas glossed over a lot of weaknesses. I remain to be convinced that Rosler will be able to get more out of the players than Redfearn did.
In football if you need to improve and strengthen just to stand still. With the stronger competition this season I don't feel we have improved the squad enough.
I hope I'm wrong.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
DominanceUK

Post by DominanceUK »

Morning all

Hope you're all well. Been a while since I've posted anything. I've gone for 7th - 12th with a final league position of 11th. The reason I think this is because I don't think we've done too bad in the market thus far (Wood and Adeyemi great additions btw) but have we "significantly" improved the squad which is good enough for a play off push? My answer would be no. The defence is exactly the same and that's one of our problems. We're obviously looking for a left winger which will be sorted but why is there only talk of just the one winger? We need 2 at least, we need to take into consideration the long season, injuries and suspensions. At the moment we have NO wingers. Some people will say Walters but he's unproven and I believe he didn't get a squad number?

There's going to be a lot of pressure on the young lads again. After a full seasons experience will they now push on? It's the same for the foreign lads such as Beluschi, Berardi and Doukara. Can they improve on last season? There's too many unanswered questions at the moment. I'm not being negative but for a change I'm being realistic and thinking with my head rather than my heart. I will always remain positive though.

The biggest question for me is this; if we finish 10th or below, would this be regarded as progress?

MOT
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

I've plumped for 7th to 12th.

On the one hand i feel there is more structure to Leeds United (blindingly obviously more than last season eh?) but with Cellinos ban upcoming and (for me) the unresolved issue of the notourious six there may be choppy waters along the way.

I'm so far impressed with M.R. Rosler and i'm very hopeful he's left to do his job, if he is then i feel the squad will make good progress under him.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

I saw we were 4/1 third favourites for relegation! I'd be interested to see why, we haven't lost any key players and have improved the team with our new signings.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

SG90 wrote:I saw we were 4/1 third favourites for relegation! I'd be interested to see why, we haven't lost any key players and have improved the team with our new signings.
Where ??
Who gave those odds ??

This is the latest from Oddschecker :

SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Sky Bet
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »