2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Aaron »

Centre half and some cover for Taylor on loan and I think we're looking good. Great window anyway, nice to have a calm and thought out summer.
Aqua-
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Aqua- »

isrodger wrote:
Aqua- wrote:Sorry to say, but im kind of disapointed of that transfer window. Although i respect each signing this summer i expected us to at least get on more center back.
Wouldnt mind for a sub for taylor (even a weaker left full back)
Bloody hell - have you not experienced the last 10 yrs. Can I give you how this would have panned out with bates & co in charge. Lewis cook & Byram would have gone to Sunderland in a £5m, Having started the season well Charlie Taylor would have gone to Wednesday for £1.75m and we would be preparing for the sale of Alex mowwat in January as he has nothing in common with the various 30 something free transfers we have prised from the clutches of Bradford. The proceeds of sales along with next years mortgaged season ticket sales would be ring fenced to build a tulip hotel over Billy's statue, and gary cooper would be pulling his hair out in the studios of radio exasperated as even he no longer has the imagination to dare to dream.

Instead we have offloaded a pile of pooh (personally would have liked to kept adryan) spent the thick end of £7m on decent players, and critically have shown no intent to take shortcuts or sell the family silver - at last we are moving forward in the right direction. The lad who went to Wednesday may be a miss; but I look at their squad & the other number 2s or bust club; Derbys first 11 and despite their spending I believe we have at least 5 players that would walk into their respective sides.

Mate - I'm delighted - for the first time in ten years (maybe the Mcallister preseason apart) I feel we have owners with ambition and we will progress significantly over the next 8 months. Well done Cellino / Pearson / Rosler - I buy into your plan.
You are absolutly right, but you cant ignore our disadvantages: we conceed too many and our defence is a mess (now i guess byram will return as wing back so better now).
Lots of clubs have this problem: for years barca prefer buying top players in front while their defence is number 2s.
Since ferguson left Manchester united keep on buying players like depay, falcao, felaini and their defence is number 2s.
Bottom line great summer, awsome signings still need to strengthen our defence and reality proves it, we conceed very quickly after we score because our back line is not strong and expirance enough
new signing
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by new signing »

Most positive window in years. Kept our most important assets in our youngsters and recruited sensibly. I would have liked us to get moore at least on a loan but these things happen.

Another fullback would be nice but i guess we are reasonably covered:
RB: Berardi, byram, wootton
CB: Bamba, Cooper, Bellusci, Wootton
LB: Taylor, Berardi, Cooper

If nothing else it should mean we see continuity across the backline
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

isrodger wrote:
Aqua- wrote:Sorry to say, but im kind of disapointed of that transfer window. Although i respect each signing this summer i expected us to at least get on more center back.
Wouldnt mind for a sub for taylor (even a weaker left full back)
Bloody hell - have you not experienced the last 10 yrs. Can I give you how this would have panned out with bates & co in charge. Lewis cook & Byram would have gone to Sunderland in a £5m, Having started the season well Charlie Taylor would have gone to Wednesday for £1.75m and we would be preparing for the sale of Alex mowwat in January as he has nothing in common with the various 30 something free transfers we have prised from the clutches of Bradford. The proceeds of sales along with next years mortgaged season ticket sales would be ring fenced to build a tulip hotel over Billy's statue, and gary cooper would be pulling his hair out in the studios of radio exasperated as even he no longer has the imagination to dare to dream.

Instead we have offloaded a pile of pooh (personally would have liked to kept adryan) spent the thick end of £7m on decent players, and critically have shown no intent to take shortcuts or sell the family silver - at last we are moving forward in the right direction. The lad who went to Wednesday may be a miss; but I look at their squad & the other number 2s or bust club; Derbys first 11 and despite their spending I believe we have at least 5 players that would walk into their respective sides.

Mate - I'm delighted - for the first time in ten years (maybe the Mcallister preseason apart) I feel we have owners with ambition and we will progress significantly over the next 8 months. Well done Cellino / Pearson / Rosler - I buy into your plan.

Thanks for telling us what our ex owners would have done, can you now use your crystal ball and tell us where we will finish this year? :D

I'm disappointed about our Summer window, but we did invest more than I though we would. :thumbup:
I'm not sure about your seven million figure, does this include the sell on clauses we had coming in, and the income from selling players and the cut in wages?

I think we still have an average squad in the Championship and that alone shows lack of ambition.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Surprised and very happy we have held on to are 4 main you assets. Interesting to see how the new players settle in. A little worried about the lack of strength in depth but with a bit of luck injury wise things should be Ok.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Viduka95
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Viduka95 »

Spanking transfer window can't argue with that at all, would be nice to sign a CB in the loan window just for cover but all in all its been a quality window, Pearson, Rosler, Cellino etc have done well and most importantly kept the kids, get Byram tied down on a longer contract and let's get promoted!! MOT
@MrSkorecki Twitter
LEEDS, LEEDS, LEEDS!
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Many fans i know informed me our young players would leave once Redfern had gone !

Ken would have had a field day, not the case with Massimo as he values young players & is not here to make a quick buck
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

birkybullufc wrote:Surprised and very happy we have held on to are 4 main you assets. Interesting to see how the new players settle in. A little worried about the lack of strength in depth but with a bit of luck injury wise things should be Ok.
I know what your saying re strength in depth, but all too often we have had depth with very little quality in it - we have just been bloated. You could only really make a case for wooton, biachi, sloth, dokura and ajose being offloaded and being surplus to requirements, we have 16 key first team squad players, which hopefully can be supplemented by the likes of Philips, young highly rated right back who got injured (forgot his name) along with Dawson etc. thankfully we now have no players on big money moping around with attitude as they are nowhere near the first 11. Look at Derby, performing well up until January with the introduction of 4 players probably on significantly more money than the rest of the squad? And for all their investment the only player the likes of a mid Premiership side might be interested in would be Will Hughes - who's crocked.

My one hope is that we can sign a magical type forward, what we hoped for fron adryan, of a Lewis cook potential. Someone LIKE the lauded Brandon barker on loan with a view to permanent.

The real difference in our squad this season is potential & quality. Cook & Taylor are big talents as is Byram who needs a bit of careful managment now. Mowatt?, Murphy & Silvestri (certainly if he had a bit more bottle) could possibly play at a higher level. The rest of our team are including maybe our most influential player Bamba are probably at their level, but we have a good team now & a team they are just like Bournemouth & Brentford last year.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Viduka95 wrote:Spanking transfer window can't argue with that at all, would be nice to sign a CB in the loan window just for cover but all in all its been a quality window, Pearson, Rosler, Cellino etc have done well and most importantly kept the kids, get Byram tied down on a longer contract and let's get promoted!! MOT

Agree with everything except a CB for cover, to me if we sign someone they now need to be better than what we've already got and go into the team pushing our current CB's into the bench job.
Excellent window though, so pleased all our young talent is still here.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

BBC Wiltshire Sport
‏@BBCWiltsSport FOOTBALL: BBC Wiltshire understands striker Nicky Ajose will sign for @Official_STFC today after his release by #Leeds

Lee Sobot ‏@LeeSobotYEP · 16m16 minutes ago
Looks like Nicky Ajose is joining Swindon Town on a free after being released according to sources in Wiltshire. #lufc #lufclive
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."