2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Babosh
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Babosh »

cornishone wrote:Would just like to point out that on the starting page of this thread - back in March a certain Simamu posted his predicted lineup for this season as thus:
On that front, my starting lineup for next season is:
---------------Silvestri
Berardi-Bamba-Bellusci-C.Taylor
---------Murphy-Cook
Byram--------Mowatt-----New Left Winger
--------------New Striker

Well done Si.... almost prophetic. Looks as though you've always had faith we would hold onto the fruits of the Academy as well as acquire a couple of players for key positions and it's happened! :clap:
p.s where do you get your inside info?
Can you post a lineup for 2016/17 please :P
I agree, great foresight there SiMamu :thumbup:
and we have acquired in those positions stated, and from what i am reading from this thread i feel there is realistic optimism, with acknowledgment that there is still a lot of work to do. Still think we could pick up a player or two through the loan system but i am quite happy that we've held onto our decent young players in this window. Now we need to get behind them!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Babosh wrote:
cornishone wrote:Would just like to point out that on the starting page of this thread - back in March a certain Simamu posted his predicted lineup for this season as thus:
On that front, my starting lineup for next season is:
---------------Silvestri
Berardi-Bamba-Bellusci-C.Taylor
---------Murphy-Cook
Byram--------Mowatt-----New Left Winger
--------------New Striker

Well done Si.... almost prophetic. Looks as though you've always had faith we would hold onto the fruits of the Academy as well as acquire a couple of players for key positions and it's happened! :clap:
p.s where do you get your inside info?
Can you post a lineup for 2016/17 please :P
I agree, great foresight there SiMamu :thumbup:
and we have acquired in those positions stated, and from what i am reading from this thread i feel there is realistic optimism, with acknowledgment that there is still a lot of work to do. Still think we could pick up a player or two through the loan system but i am quite happy that we've held onto our decent young players in this window. Now we need to get behind them!
Wow, haha, I've bossed it there. To be fair, looking at Redfearn's team at its peak it was quite obvious where we needed to improve. We needed a natural left winger - rather than playing a midfielder or full back there - and a striker who doesn't just put in a 'shift' but also scores goals. All other signings would just be improvements to the depth of the team - like bringing in another midfielder to replace the loss of Austin and Ngoyi's physical presence, which we got in Adeyemi.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Where is all this 'negativity' that's being mentioned on here?

I think maybe pointed at myself and a couple of others who weren't so enthusiastic about the Summer signings.
I could post loads more than I do, but I'm fully aware that my views are more negative than the regular posters, so hold back.

If anything I'm a little surprised that there is so little 'negativity' considering the % of fans who want CM out, and the % of fans who believe we will finish outside the top six.
In my time here I know members have stopped posting and I do feel anyone who have negative opinions, do get quoted a lot with opposite opinions.

I understand fans saying it takes time to build a squad that suits the Manager/Owner, and we should give them three years+ to do so. Isn't that what we done with Bates, GFH?

In MC own words if we don't get promoted next season he will sell up. Now do we have to give the new owners and properly new manger three+ years to build their squad?.

MC will walk away from Leeds and I'm pretty sure he will make many millions from Leeds Utd, and leave us where we were under Bates, GFH. in the Championship.

Some positives, the fans are without a doubt the best :clap: Pearson :thumbup: Keeping our youth players, even if we don't know any team bid for them :thumbup:
e
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I think being accused of being too 'negative' is the same as being called a Cellino hater. I'm probably known as a Cellino hater but I have publicly praised him for his work these last few months, especially for bringing in Pearson. I also have gone on record as saying I think we could finish top 6 if we have some luck and we have STABILITY. I also qualified my forecast by saying I'm being optimistic. That optimism will never let me forget though the appalling behaviour MC showed when he first came here and for too many months afterwards. I also said that I was disgusted with some of the events at ER under his tenure but as a Leeds fan, I either choose to 'leave' or continue to support them - ie I pay money to watch them. I'm doing that and fortunately for me and anyone else with similar viewpoint and situation, Cellino certainly has improved his ways and the club itself is improving too, thanks to his bringing in Pearson and a good replacement for Redfearn.

You carry on being 'negative', Nesslin, it's much more preferable to read than preaching and wild optimism and blaming or goading fellow fans if they disagree :D
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Reference some of the negative comparisons to over clubs squads & purchases - I actually think the likes of Derby might have over bought. Assuming the new lad Botake is a good acquisition- Man for man I think we might be a match for any side in the league now. Looking at the side that started @ Derby we have decent cover on the bench with Turnbull, Bellusci, Murphy, Botake & Antanucci - one would hope Erwin, Philips or another might also breakthrough later in the season. Injuries will play a big part in our fait, however it's worth remembering the last time we got promoted from this division. From memory our back four with two real quality players in sterling & fairclough, was supplemented by the injured Beglin, Snodin, whitlow, haddock & mccelland. Our midfield 4 were excellent we had batty, speed, jones and Strachen and the very much underrated kamara, and up top it was very much chapman & henrie who would be supplemented by varardi & shutt. Possibly others played but not many more from memory.

My key point in some respects is this is a team game. I think we are building a team. Derby & Wednesday may just be acquiring good players, whose salaries they ultimately will not be able to support.
Deleted User 972

Post by Deleted User 972 »

I think my views are realistic also, But if Leeds concede 2 bad goals in the next game, The forum will be full of people saying we should have signed a center back and we are going nowhere, I try not to get carried away either up or down about things and try take a longer term view, A lot of fans are either everythings great were gonna get promoted or were in big trouble, When the truth is probably somewhere in between.
Deleted User 130

isrodger wrote:Reference some of the negative comparisons to over clubs squads & purchases - I actually think the likes of Derby might have over bought. Assuming the new lad Botake is a good acquisition- Man for man I think we might be a match for any side in the league now. Looking at the side that started @ Derby we have decent cover on the bench with Turnbull, Bellusci, Murphy, Botake & Antanucci - one would hope Erwin, Philips or another might also breakthrough later in the season. Injuries will play a big part in our fait, however it's worth remembering the last time we got promoted from this division. From memory our back four with two real quality players in sterling & fairclough, was supplemented by the injured Beglin, Snodin, whitlow, haddock & mccelland. Our midfield 4 were excellent we had batty, speed, jones and Strachen and the very much underrated kamara, and up top it was very much chapman & henrie who would be supplemented by varardi & shutt. Possibly others played but not many more from memory.

My key point in some respects is this is a team game. I think we are building a team. Derby & Wednesday may just be acquiring good players, whose salaries they ultimately will not be able to support.
I get your point, I think you're right, though Beglin was crocked I think (?), and was Whyte with us? He was very underrated imo. And you missed out Davison and Baird! :D
Deleted User 130

ruelfox wrote:I think my views are realistic also, But if Leeds concede 2 bad goals in the next game, The forum will be full of people saying we should have signed a center back and we are going nowhere, I try not to get carried away either up or down about things and try take a longer term view, A lot of fans are either everythings great were gonna get promoted or were in big trouble, When the truth is probably somewhere in between.
Yes, that sounds sensible to me. It's weird any slagging off of negativity, as being 'negative' is just as harmless as being optimistic. And pessimists have a better time when they're proven wrong :lol:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Think we all have to accept that many of us have differing views whether classed as in the so called positive or negative camp (really the wrong words to be used). It actually makes for interesting debates we differ would be boring if we all agreed all the time.
The important thing is its kept civil and people don't become abusive with their posts (not that that is a issue on this forum), certainly wouldn't fall out with someone just because our views are different, at the end of the day we all want the club to succeed.

Personally I've been in the positive camp (a lonely place not too long ago) but thats just they way I am, think everything is always possible when it comes to Leeds Utd, certainly lots of time its heart ruling head but what the hell we are gonna win every game until proven different.

I do think the Championship is the most competitive of all the divisions, very little between all the teams and anyone an beat anyone else. Luck is possibly one of the most important factors so believe we have as much chance of anyone as competing near the top.

Do believe 100% we've had a good last few weeks with the signings and who we have kept so more reasons to be optimistic than we've had for a long time.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
AndyG15
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by AndyG15 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
ruelfox wrote:I think my views are realistic also, But if Leeds concede 2 bad goals in the next game, The forum will be full of people saying we should have signed a center back and we are going nowhere, I try not to get carried away either up or down about things and try take a longer term view, A lot of fans are either everythings great were gonna get promoted or were in big trouble, When the truth is probably somewhere in between.
Yes, that sounds sensible to me. It's weird any slagging off of negativity, as being 'negative' is just as harmless as being optimistic. And pessimists have a better time when they're proven wrong :lol:
ONS/Nesslin - I am not slagging off any negativity, I am just a little surprised by it. I can imagine that people would feel happy about the transfers but not happiest as we didn't get absolutely everything folk wanted but feeling 'disappointed' suggests that the acquisitions we made were not what was needed or wanted.

ONS - as you suggested, the general feeling about the transfer window is majorly positive and 'negativity' is in the minority but there is plenty of negativity to be had on other topics, MC's behaviour (rightly so) and individual team performances and future projections forthwith which could be immediate aftermath disappointment or considered opinion.

Any which way, I am not out to sensor anyone and love this forum for the sensible banter it promotes and engenders. Keep it up and hopefully the team will reach a point where Nesslin finds the performances acceptable (preferably in the Champion's League) and I would guess we will ALL be happy then. :thumbup: