Cellino Poll 4 Months On

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Cellino

In
69%
Out
21%
Sat on the fence
10%

Total votes: 67

Deleted User 972

Re: Cellino Poll 4 Months On

Post by Deleted User 972 »

Im still voting out, While I am delighted we kept the youngsters and made some quality additions,, Thats a good start I just really dont trust him and fear what is coming around the corner,It will take more than 3 Months of him being in the background for me to change my view, Its not that long ago that Redfearn was treated disgracefully and I wont for get that this soon.It could easily all go nuts again,It doesnt take much. A month is a long time in football and if Leeds lost 3 or 4 in a row,Cellino could pull the trigger and we could easily go into a downward spiral.
SaudiDan
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by SaudiDan »

Ok I'm changing to 'Out', purely on the basis that there are far too many people switching to 'In' which makes for a boring debate ;)
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

The Negatives

1. His ego & desire to be in the limelight can undermine his management. He needs to keep his own counsel as he can be misunderstood.
2. His impatience & desire to achieve, has led to us chopping and changing managers, when stability can actually partly compensate for ability.
3. His Baggage - which can be off putting to outsiders
4. He will pick unnecessary fights & sometimes prefers to go through the wall rather than open the door. He also interferes in certain aspects that he should delegate.

The Positives

1. He has got money. Proper funding which is in line with our potential funding requirements.
2 He has brought financial stability to the club - we are more or less debt free according to most spectators.
3. He has now significantly enhanced our infastructure people wise. Pearson / Hart etc are an improvement on their counterparts under the bates regime.
4 He loves the club, gets what Leeds is about. He is passionate about the club.
5. I believe he can be trusted. The delay in the ground acquisition I think demonstrates his desire to do the right thing by the club. I also think it's a positive he hasn't plundered funds from well intentioned fans. Let's put it this way he has done nothing to say he can't be trusted.
6. He has kept our kids & when we are inevitably faced with the prospect of selling - he will get good money for them as demostrated with the McCormack sale.
7 He actually has a robust player trading strategy. Yes it might not work all the time - but our recruitment of young up and coming plsyers & his refusal to look at short term fixes ie loans, makes a refreshing change from our recruitment of hasbeens.
8 He has started to fix the damage previous regimes have done commercially - the repurchasing of the stadium catering rights & pavilion rights demonstrates this.
9 I firmly believe elland road will be repurchased in November - I also believe funding is already in place to make this happen.
10. I also believe we will eventually relocate the academy & own our own facility at kirkstall road. If he is as sharp as I believe he is I suspect bates and co will end up paying him to terminate our contract at TA.
11 He is razor sharp. Despite their demise I have yet to here any of his ex employees dismiss his abilities. Matt Child, McDermot actually gave him glowing references!
12. He is the owner - he doesn't hide behind a corporate veil. It's his club - he is not for sharing and the buck stops with him. His personal pride is at stake the club is a reflection of him.
MyNameIsMark
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by MyNameIsMark »

^ ^ Excellent post! ^ ^

You saved me a job! :thumbup:
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

No need for me to character assassination him.

I don't believe Leeds will ever get out the Championship, with him as our owner. Sooner he is out the better for me.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

When's Cellinos next ban?

Must be soon, he has more court cases than a judge. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

ruelfox wrote:Im still voting out, While I am delighted we kept the youngsters and made some quality additions,, Thats a good start I just really dont trust him and fear what is coming around the corner,It will take more than 3 Months of him being in the background for me to change my view, Its not that long ago that Redfearn was treated disgracefully and I wont for get that this soon.It could easily all go nuts again,It doesnt take much. A month is a long time in football and if Leeds lost 3 or 4 in a row,Cellino could pull the trigger and we could easily go into a downward spiral.

Pretty much my own viewpoint on the subject.