Backroom Staff changes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Backroom Staff changes

Post by isrodger »

SiMamu wrote:Phil Hay ‏@PhilHayYEP · 55s56 seconds ago
Another development - Paul Hart is to return to Leeds United as academy director. Not confirmed yet but I'm told it's happening.
Paul Hart is due to start work at Leeds next week. He was (obviously) a massive influence behind the rise of the academy in the 1990s.
Cellino and Hart have spoken and are both happy. Pearson's influence in this will have been huge.

Hart was in charge of the academy when we won the FA Youth Cups in 1993 and 1997 - with the latter containing many who would go on to become members of O'Leary's Champions League semi final reaching babies.
At first sight this is another huge positive- although is he just a bit too old for that role now?..
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Knowledge, experience, ambition and enthusiasm aren't normally age related :D
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Excellent appointment...he's a good guy Paul Hart, will do us a good job.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Very happy to have him back on board, welcome Paul!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by White Knight »

That great bastion of positivity about Leeds United , The Daily Mail, are reporting on the downside of how these backroom changes came to pass. More fuel for the "Leeds in crisis" brigade. Having said that, if it is true it wouldn't be at all surprising :cry:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

White Knight wrote:That great bastion of positivity about Leeds United , The Daily Mail, are reporting on the downside of how these backroom changes came to pass. More fuel for the "Leeds in crisis" brigade. Having said that, if it is true it wouldn't be at all surprising :cry:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490
What crisis?????

The clubs in better condition than it has been in a decade.

This looks like a minor internal matter and it won't effect how well the clubs running at present.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I saw somewhere that Rossler is on football focus this Saturday - am I dreaming - he'll come across as measured, calm, on top of things. No need to worry. Crisis averted again :D

No idea what's gone on but the bit where the Mail man claims Pearson was told to find a way to remove Lucy. How does the journo know that. Surely neither Pearson or MC told him and I can't believe Pearson told Lucy he'd come to get her cos MC had told him to. Odd IMO.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Really is a difficult one - Lucy ward. Given the demise of Redfearn I probably would have wanted her removed from role. That said legally it most certainly is unfair dismissal. The whole affair has been badly handled but even if it had been handled in the most professional manner I fear the result would have been the same.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

isrodger wrote:Really is a difficult one - Lucy ward. Given the demise of Redfearn I probably would have wanted her removed from role. That said legally it most certainly is unfair dismissal. The whole affair has been badly handled but even if it had been handled in the most professional manner I fear the result would have been the same.
Apparently she is saying she had got permission to have extended leave by her line manager, who says he never gave her permission, so she was sacked. Sounds a very minor internal club issue, that occurs in business all the time and makes you wonder why it's even got in the news. Well it isn't really, even though it's a nothing of a story, it gives whoever put it in the news, a chance to try and bad mouth Leeds, which is a massive fail and it's really pathetic, when things are going so well. In fact I would say if they have linked this none story to the word crisis, it makes them look like idiots.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT