Sam Byram

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Sam Byram

Post by 1964white »

Mellor wrote:
johnh wrote:The Everton website has posts stating that Browning and Galloway (standing in for Coleman and Baines) were class acts today against Liverpool. Can't see them needing Byram. His poor form won't have gone unnoticed either. Stones can cover at right back too and it appears the new signing Mori is a good centre-back.
Is Mori Polish?
None of our squad are ready for the premiership yet !
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Sniffer wrote:
rss1969 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:
rss1969 wrote:So, am I right in thinking that if Everton do sign young Sam..........Byram would understudy to Browning? :roll:
No, Coleman - who's injured.

They've got also got Tony Hibbert knocking about somewhere.[/quote

mmmm you may have missed the point Si................
I thought he was studying English Literature too, rss. Si? Byram being a near homophone for a famous poet...nudge nudge.
Ah, I get the reference. I am familiar with both authors. Very well crafted. Sorry, a bit slow at present - the first two weeks of university have been quite tiring.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Deleted User 3150

Post by Deleted User 3150 »

Yes, Uni can be quite tiring. I think it's all that time in the pub!! :lol:
Ted Dansons Wig
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Ted Dansons Wig »

whiteinfrance wrote:Yes, Uni can be quite tiring. I think it's all that time in the pub!! :lol:
Damn right - my daughters got nearly 2 whole days of lectures in her second year EVERY WEEK.

No wonder the young have so much more energy.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Flip side is kids pay £9k for 7 hours of lecture per week - wrong particularly if they are studying a proper subject.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

With Sam Byram back in the side and getting good reviews, maybe he has a manager now to get the best out of him. He came to the fore under Colin and with Evans another no nonsense manager maybe that is what suits Sam.? I hope so.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by phil62 »

I have heard through someone who knows a source close to Sam that he is going to Southampton in January for 17k a week and that it is a done deal. Thankfully, we have Beradi who for me is a better player defensively.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

phil62 wrote:I have heard through someone who knows a source close to Sam that he is going to Southampton in January for 17k a week and that it is a done deal. Thankfully, we have Beradi who for me is a better player defensively.
:roll:
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

There is no way on God's good earth that Sam Byram would take a contract with a Premier League club at £17k! Premier league senior youth players get that these days!
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

dlw10 wrote:There is no way on God's good earth that Sam Byram would take a contract with a Premier League club at £17k! Premier league senior youth players get that these days!
At top clubs they do, at Southampton that's a decent wage for a player who won't be a guaranteed first teamer.