2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Aaron »

I've made about £300 betting on this man every week to score.
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

Aaron wrote:

Long may your good luck continue, Aaron. Can you throw a bit Leeds United's way?
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

judy wrote:
Aaron wrote:

Long may your good luck continue, Aaron. Can you throw a bit Leeds United's way?
I'd try it with one of our strikers but I don't think I'd have the same success! :lol:.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

I don't want this to be right but I'm led to believe that 'the word' is that there will be no incomings, not even a goalkeeper.
saintjimmy

Post by saintjimmy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:I don't want this to be right but I'm led to believe that 'the word' is that there will be no incomings, not even a goalkeeper.

If true is it because MC won't spend or can't ? , if its the latter would that be a little clue somebody is looking through the books ?
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

saintjimmy wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:I don't want this to be right but I'm led to believe that 'the word' is that there will be no incomings, not even a goalkeeper.

If true is it because MC won't spend or can't ? , if its the latter would that be a little clue somebody is looking through the books ?
I wouldn't like to comment but when I was told, my hopes didn't immediately rise because I thought he was looking to leave, more that he doesn't like loan signings and that we have a poor coach.

Sorry, that's miserable talking but it's how I feel about the club these days.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Well the only target Evans had in mind was Lindegaard and West Brom said no, so what other options did he have lined up? Also Bridcutt was an unnecessary target.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

SG90 wrote:Well the only target Evans had in mind was Lindegaard and West Brom said no, so what other options did he have lined up? Also Bridcutt was an unnecessary target.
I strongly disagree, granted he hasn't played much recently, but when he is on his game he is better than Murphy, Adeyemi, Bianchi and Mowatt IMO. He would have added quality to a midfield that quite often goes missing.

Although a backup keeper is very much needed, I'd say a striker is the priority for now, Antenucci is hit and miss and Wood hasn't been great. Plus, the back up options of Doukara and Erwin don't fill me with confidence if one of those two were to get injured.
saintjimmy

Post by saintjimmy »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
saintjimmy wrote:

I wouldn't like to comment but when I was told, my hopes didn't immediately rise because I thought he was looking to leave, more that he doesn't like loan signings and that we have a poor coach.

Sorry, that's miserable talking but it's how I feel about the club these days.
No need to be sorry ONS, not sure who's regime it was coming to an end but I can recall them not been able/willing to spend due to DD being carried out , just doing the ol' two plus two equals 5, I know the January window is terrible to do anything decent in but we must surely try , I honestly thought given the right motivation we had a decent if small squad but what do I know.

MOT
Last edited by saintjimmy on 25 Nov 2015, 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Fernandopartridge wrote:
SG90 wrote:Well the only target Evans had in mind was Lindegaard and West Brom said no, so what other options did he have lined up? Also Bridcutt was an unnecessary target.
I strongly disagree, granted he hasn't played much recently, but when he is on his game he is better than Murphy, Adeyemi, Bianchi and Mowatt IMO. He would have added quality to a midfield that quite often goes missing.

Although a backup keeper is very much needed, I'd say a striker is the priority for now, Antenucci is hit and miss and Wood hasn't been great. Plus, the back up options of Doukara and Erwin don't fill me with confidence if one of those two were to get injured.
I would take a creative attacking midfielder, a pacey striker and a gk over Bridcutt.