Favourite/least favourite away ground

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Favourite/least favourite away ground

Post by MOT1964 »

rigger wrote:Pompey has an olde worlde charm and one of the most passionate, vociferous crowds too - great atmosphere.
Agree with this.

Whilst living in Southampton for several months in 1983 and 1984 I went to a FA Cup tie at Fratton Park and, standing in the Southampton end, have never known an atmosphere like it.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Most of my away visits were a long time ago, but I refuse to go to see Leeds at Derby these days - The i-pro as it is now or Pride Park as it was, because of the constant vile language from the fans there! Sitting in cognito in the stands, constant foul languge! Admittedly I haven't been for a while.

I like the fact that at Elland Road they at least used to - not sure bout now - make people move if they were offending others.

My most favourite away grounds that I remember, were Anfield and Molineux.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Favourite away ground in Brisbane Road home of Leyton Orient, I love those corners with the flats, the atmosphere is good and their main stand is quite unique.

Least favourite ground, well I have a few for different reasons - Wigans DW stadium is a depressing symmetrical place void of atmosphere, its everything I hate about new grounds. Huddersfield Town is another, always seems to be gridlock getting away from the place and the odd time we have suffered a defeat there is like witnessing them practising how they will celebrate winning the Premier League.

Portmouth is a weird one, nice old ground but at the same time a number 2s hole.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sheepy wrote:Favourite away ground in Brisbane Road home of Leyton Orient, I love those corners with the flats, the atmosphere is good and their main stand is quite unique.
I used to cycle past that ground most days when I was uni in the east end.
Never saw a match there though, weirdly. Went to plenty of other London grounds at the time, but never Orient.
I think I stopped being interested when they scrapped their iconic braces kit and let John Chiedozi go ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Talking of decent atmospheres I thought the Bristol Rovers fans were very good when we played them back in League 1. A real mismatch of a ground but their rendition of Goodnight Eileen was really loud. As for fans they were both seasons I went hunting outside after the game in numbers looking for small groups of Leeds fans.
Winner of the Europa League