2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Manny kaltz
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by Manny kaltz »

Wood as a starter - he's rubbish.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

So you're cloning Botaka or signing his brother ?? ;)
Aidanbutterworth2
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Aidanbutterworth2 »

yep lets get his brother!

Wood misses sitters every game. In desperate need of confidence, a goal would help!
damols13
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by damols13 »

Becchio is a free agent, yet we have got Wood playing for us!!

with the amount of chances Wood has fluffed this season, Becchio would surely have been well into double figures!
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Aidanbutterworth2 wrote:Ok so who are the players that simply aren't good enough that Evans keeps alluding to?

He's backed Mowatt, clearly rates Cook, Taylor and Antenucci.

I think he's undecided on Dallas and Botaka and has been clear they need to improve their final ball.

He's changed tact on Byram, picking him and praising him then dropping him due to form and playing Wootton instead.

Cant recall what he has said about Murphy but suspect his time may be up in January along with Adeyemi maybe going back early if that's possible??

Other players he has described as good but not good enough for Leeds United probably includes Doukara.
Bellusci, he gave him due credit for some recent performances but the criticised him today.

He has also criticised some of Bamba's displays.

Berardi will feature going forward if Evans is given time

He started out saying Erwin should be given his chance and now says he isn't ready as per Rosler.

The funny thing is he is starting to contradict himself as the games go by and in some cases coming the same conclusions as Rosler.

On Wood he has backed him a lot but then said today we need a 6 yard box striker so who would be dropped, Antenucci and move him back to being an impact sub as Rosler did??

I think the whole spine just sint good enough. From the poor communication between Silvestri and his central defenders, to the unreliability of Bamba and Bellusci, the short comings of Wootton who should never be in a settled side when we have Byram. An inexperienced midfield with Cook and Mowatt, needs more help beyond Bridcutt. We really needed the Foresteri signing, I still cling to the positives that that meant there was money to spend.

So for me the ideal line up in Jan. after the window would be;

Silvestri

Byram/Berardi Cooper new Central defender Taylor

Botaka Cook Bridcutt/new centre mid creative Botaka

Wood new striker
Your right, I said at the beginning he talks too much I think he has said it f Dallas s top player and definate starter and Bridcutt better than anything else at the club. Realistically our 2 fullbacks I include Byram in that along with cook for me are quality, the rest are somewhat more up for debate, but none are terrible players, although wood, is starting to really struggle. For me Bamba has to start, but we don't look organised or motivated, and there appears to be a lack of pattern which is down to the manger- although, the players are probably subconsciously effected by the flux in that department.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Lee Sobot ‏@LeeSobotYEP · 50s51 seconds ago
Scottish Sun saying #lufc are looking at Hibernian's Scotland U-21s striker Jason Cummings and could make a bid in January. #lufclive
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

Just what we need - another unproven striker with potential. He should check out what happened Robbie Mc Daid who has gone from learning his trade in front of unforgiving 1000-2000 fans to plying reserve games (if he's lucky ) or for the 21s in front of 20 men and a dog. Hopefully, Erwin will get a run otherwise he will have been a waste of cash. Likewise Doukara who has got little chance to prove himself.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Perhaps the wrong place to add the link, but anyway.....................http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... y-the-club
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Perhaps the wrong place to add the link, but anyway.....................http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... y-the-club
Trying to find the Championship list but the Premier is mind blowing, just shows how much is stolen from the game.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Can't find a full list but top for agents fees in the Championship are Fulham and Cardiff with £2.8million.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.