2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 2015/16 Transfer Rumours and Squad Discussions

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Staggering figures and just confirms to me how obscene the amount of money is around football nowadays.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

£786,897 according to vitalfootball http://www.leeds.vitalfootball.co.uk/ar ... witterfeed
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I know FIFA are a joke but they must introduce a rule that bans clubs from paying agents. Agents represent players' and their fees should be paid by the player. The amount of money going out of the game on agents fees is disgraceful.
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote:I know FIFA are a joke but they must introduce a rule that bans clubs from paying agents. Agents represent players' and their fees should be paid by the player. The amount of money going out of the game on agents fees is disgraceful.
It's not as simple as that - some clubs pay agents directly to find new players.
They may prefer it to scouting or use it alongside a traditional scouting network.

You may as well demand no taxes because it's about as likely in a free market economy.
The agents are worth whatever the clubs will pay.
sawadee
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by sawadee »

Totally agree that agents fee's should always be paid for by the player. If clubs wish to employ agents/scouts to source players then put them on the payroll like all other club employees. Respectfully, I see absolutely no reason why they (agents) should be treated differently from any other person with a particular set of skills.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:I know FIFA are a joke but they must introduce a rule that bans clubs from paying agents. Agents represent players' and their fees should be paid by the player. The amount of money going out of the game on agents fees is disgraceful.
It's not as simple as that - some clubs pay agents directly to find new players.
They may prefer it to scouting or use it alongside a traditional scouting network.

You may as well demand no taxes because it's about as likely in a free market economy.
The agents are worth whatever the clubs will pay.
If a club contacts an agent to find a particular player/players' then that is a contract between the club and the agent. If an agent represents a player in a transfer arrangement or contract renewal, then the agent should be paid by the player.
I once played against Don Revie.
Fernandopartridge
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Fernandopartridge »

Selby White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Perhaps the wrong place to add the link, but anyway.....................http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... y-the-club
Trying to find the Championship list but the Premier is mind blowing, just shows how much is stolen from the game.
Watford have done brilliantly when you consider the amount of players they brought in! Just goes to show how much control these agents have, I'm in the wrong line of work! :crazy:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

johnh wrote: If a club contacts an agent to find a particular player/players' then that is a contract between the club and the agent. If an agent represents a player in a transfer arrangement or contract renewal, then the agent should be paid by the player.
Yes, I agree, but the fees paid TO the agent BY the club would still be included in this.

Someone else said they should be put on the payroll like other employees, but they're not other employees: their role is more like that of a consultant and - like all consultants in any industry - they will earn significantly more on a daily rate or per individual job than as a salaried member of staff.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

A unnamed club who played us a while ago and yet no offers. Wonder why this is breaking news now could it because the Daily Mirror is short of stories. A newspaper I rate about as high as the Daily Mail when it comes to rumours about Leeds.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.