A Revelation or a Silly Mistake?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: A Revelation or a Silly Mistake?

Post by Mellor »

Imagine the wonderful food on the concourse.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
AndyG15
Luke Aylings Scrunchie maker

Post by AndyG15 »

sawadee wrote:For me final league position is the only true barometer of where any team is at. Afterall, the table never lies and no amount of spin, excuses, or ifs and buts can alter it.
Yes this is true as a barometer of where the team is but is it a good barometer of where the club is and how it is progressing. A swan can still look beautiful but if its legs are thrashing away all over the place it is never going to get anywhere.....get my drift (a bit like the swan really) ;)
AndyG15

Post by AndyG15 »

rigger wrote:Blimey.

I wish you WOULD post more - that was excellent, mate !

(and I say that as an extremely positive person as most of you know by now :D )
I like to save them up :thumbup:
AndyG15

Post by AndyG15 »

johnh wrote:After the Russians, Sheiks and Americans, it appears that the latest buyer's on the football scene are the Chinese. Who knows, next season the 'pie-tax' might be replaced by a 'number 72 tax'.
Would that not make us Reeds United?? :lolno:
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Looks like Everton are the next club to be taken over by Americans. Their fans hounded out a local, fan owner because he couldn't financially compete with Chelsea and Man City, be careful what you wish for. Americans have ruined every club they've gone to, Villa, Liverpool, Sunderland, Man Utd (tee hee), Fulham.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

'Hounded out' is a bit strong.
Mellor

Post by Mellor »

SG90 wrote:Looks like Everton are the next club to be taken over by Americans. Their fans hounded out a local, fan owner because he couldn't financially compete with Chelsea and Man City, be careful what you wish for. Americans have ruined every club they've gone to, Villa, Liverpool, Sunderland, Man Utd (tee hee), Fulham.
Club after club is selling our heritage abroad, turning our clubs into commodities rather than community based entertainment. Football's in rude health, apparently :(
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:'Hounded out' is a bit strong.
Didn't they run an aeroplane above Goodison Park telling him to go? I know it will only be an idiot minority but some of their fans have been disgraceful towards him. Personally I would love to be in Everton's position, but sometimes that isn't enough for the majority of the modern football fan.
SG90

Post by SG90 »

Mellor wrote:
SG90 wrote:Looks like Everton are the next club to be taken over by Americans. Their fans hounded out a local, fan owner because he couldn't financially compete with Chelsea and Man City, be careful what you wish for. Americans have ruined every club they've gone to, Villa, Liverpool, Sunderland, Man Utd (tee hee), Fulham.
Club after club is selling our heritage abroad, turning our clubs into commodities rather than community based entertainment. Football's in rude health, apparently :(
Sad, but the only good owners still left in the PL are probably Stoke, WBA and Swansea.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SG90 wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:'Hounded out' is a bit strong.
Didn't they run an aeroplane above Goodison Park telling him to go? I know it will only be an idiot minority but some of their fans have been disgraceful towards him. Personally I would love to be in Everton's position, but sometimes that isn't enough for the majority of the modern football fan.
I don't recall anything like that TBH, if it happened then they've short memories whoever it was, esp as Everton are the longest 'serving' top tier team there is. And Kenwright has been a fan forever.