WARNING, this is another Cellino thread :-)

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

WARNING, this is another Cellino thread :-)

Post by Another Northern Soul »

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2016-0 ... land-road/

I'm quite surprised that no one here has mentioned this today, is there a deliberate reason for this anyone?

A small poster campaign against Mr Cellino's ownership has taken place and has caused quite a stir.
phil62
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: WARNING, this is another Cellino thread :-)

Post by phil62 »

I guess it's the same lot that hired the flyover. More money than sense. Ultimately futile and rather sad and pathetic in my opinion. Perhaps they have a new mega rich owner lined up and they are just not communicating it to anyone. How about a solution if they are so unhappy?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sniping does nobody any good and just won't help.
“Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise.”
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Apparently Adam Pope sent MC a text message telling him about the fans poster & it stating it was time to go. His response was Agreed!!!!
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

phil62 wrote:I guess it's the same lot that hired the flyover. More money than sense. Ultimately futile and rather sad and pathetic in my opinion. Perhaps they have a new mega rich owner lined up and they are just not communicating it to anyone. How about a solution if they are so unhappy?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, sniping does nobody any good and just won't help.
Agree, Cellino is a long way from perfect but I would like to see what the alternative is and not just in name, need to know what financial clout they have.

The saying "Be careful what you wish for" is so true.

Looking forward to seeing this years accounts may answer a few questions on what sort of job MC is doing, one way or another.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

Another Northern Soul wrote:

I'm quite surprised that no one here has mentioned this today, is there a deliberate reason for this anyone?
I've been at work so hadn't seen it. There are very few posters on here during the day, which is probably why you're the first to mention it.

The time of the article on the ITV website is 2.05pm, less than three hours ago.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Steve Parkin sold 4% of shares of his company for £10m today, just seems like too much of a coincidence to me. I think he will buy a share and then run the club as soon as Cellino's ban is confirmed, though it has taken the FL four months to decide on that for whatever reason. His conviction will end in June so they have to move quickly. I would be happy with that outcome, as he is a fan and hopefully a good atmosphere will return to ER.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

With any protest, we won't ever find out just how much they effect things, even if Cellino makes comment, you can't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. I personally can't be bothered with most of the off field shenanigans, I'm only interested in how the team does and is the club financially viable. No, for me this next summers transfer window is the be all of Cellinos tenure, if he brings in at least four real quality players, the likes of Bridcutts standard and keeps the best of the rest, then we just might have a squad good enough to push for promotion. Here's hoping.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Saw it on Twitter and two things struck me, Einstein knew, 'Insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results" and the definition of the word majority - for me it should mean majority of supporters - the poster boys claim the majority want MC out, how do they know? Who did they ask? Majority seems to mean 'me and my mates' these days.

The haters (for want of a better word) and the 'worshippers' (same) seem as biased as each other. It's toxic and it's sad. The haters have also turned on Evans and Raynor. History repeating itself unfortunately.

The SE haters claim he is tactically inept (and a 'brown noser'). They don't worry that he might be/they don't suggest he could be. No, these guys (1000s of 'em presumably given that they're in the majority) have all taken their coaching badges and know for sure. So he needs sacking off as well to be replaced by ....

I was thinking about the Liverpool demo and wondering why we can't manage the mass movement of our fans in support of/against something important, whatever that might be. I concluded, rightly or wrongly, that we spend so much time falling out with and abusing each other that we end up with groups who could never 'walk through the lobby' together cos the dislike of each other is greater than the dislike of/love for any single 'principle'.

Heartbreaking really. Tedious as well.
Last edited by Mellor on 11 Feb 2016, 17:53, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by saintjimmy »

Also escapes me how GHF get away without even a finger pointed in their direction, it's all MC , those tw*ts don't lift a finger towards helping the club progress, no planes for them , I bet no one even writes on a bog wall about them , they just sit there waiting for the pay day . :thumbdown:
sawadee
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by sawadee »

A non issue for me. If it makes 'them' feel better then i'm happy for them. Would Parkin coming on board make a difference though? Only i feel if his arrival meant the departure of GFH. Cellino selling his controlling interest piecemeal would also worry me as we could potentially end up with half a dozen different owners all holding on to their minority stake yet non of them willing or able to fund a promotion push. That for me would be the nightmare scenario -It would make GFH happy though because wasn't that their stated intention?