Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: Ex-Player Watch

Post by BrighouseWhite »

I don't think it's been mentioned here, but Paul Robinson signed for Burnley a couple of weeks ago until the end of the season.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

Nicky Ajose - 14 goals
Billy Sharp - 14 goals
Is the jump from league one to the championship a relatively large one? Or would these two be handy on the team sheet at the moment?
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

jslufcAUS wrote:Nicky Ajose - 14 goals
Billy Sharp - 14 goals
Is the jump from league one to the championship a relatively large one? Or would these two be handy on the team sheet at the moment?
Saw a Swindon mate a fortnight ago at a gig and asked him what he thought of Ajose and the first thing he said was "You can't have him back !!"

Definitely let a decent player go there, I think - he never had a chance. I mean, not even two or three sub appearances, was it ??
At least Adryan had some game time.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

rigger wrote:
Billy Sharp - 14 goals
Saw a Swindon mate a fortnight ago at a gig and asked him what he thought of Ajose and the first thing he said was "You can't have him back !!"

Definitely let a decent player go there, I think - he never had a chance. I mean, not even two or three sub appearances, was it ??
A few on here said the same before he left, and those of us who saw him play v Accrington I think it was, said that he looked 'promising' as he was quick and liked to graft. Maybe that turned out wrong but still. I liked Sharp too but he's mainly a poacher and our attack rarely gets in the opponent's area.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:
Billy Sharp - 14 goals

A few on here said the same before he left, and those of us who saw him play v Accrington I think it was, said that he looked 'promising' as he was quick and liked to graft. Maybe that turned out wrong but still. I liked Sharp too but he's mainly a poacher and our attack rarely gets in the opponent's area.
Make that 16 now as he's got a brace today so far!
jslufcAUS
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by jslufcAUS »

rigger wrote:
Billy Sharp - 14 goals

Hindsights a wonderful thing :) I'm sure theres ex players that are playing absolute rubbish :)
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Watched the QPR v Fulham game yesterday and thought Fulham played some good stuff, 3 ex Leeds players on show all did well with Cairney looking good with a confidence about him.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

PockWhite wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
rigger wrote:
Billy Sharp - 14 goals

Make that 16 now as he's got a brace today so far!
Shows it was a poor decision letting him go without giving him a chance and then trying to sign Winnall who's scored less.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Wasn't many of us on here supported Ajose, certainly the vast majority thought we should get rid.

Now he is doing well I'm sure many will be questioning why we released him, funny old game.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Unread postby Selby White » 2 minutes ago

Wasn't many of us on here supported Ajose, certainly the vast majority thought we should get rid.

Now he is doing well I'm sure many will be questioning why we released him, funny old game.

I think that's the thing SW, the man in charge at the time has to make decisions on players, whether its down to numbers, wages or that he just doesn`t think they will fit in and there will always be the ones that are good and bad decisions which has happened to us and all other teams over the years.