Leeds United on Sky and scheduling!

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2299

Re: Leeds United on Sky and scheduling!

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

sawadee wrote:Many folk including me are tired of the seemingly never ending histrionics that Cellino brings to our club but i'm also tired of the Cellino haters on this forum that appear to take every single opportunity to attack him. In fact I'm so tired of the constant attacks from the Cellino hating brigade that this will be my final post on lufctalk.com. (grateful if admin would please close my membership as i don't know how) Thanks.

Time-out worked for me, hope it does the same for you. :thumbup:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Nesslin wrote:
sawadee wrote:Many folk including me are tired of the seemingly never ending histrionics that Cellino brings to our club but i'm also tired of the Cellino haters on this forum that appear to take every single opportunity to attack him. In fact I'm so tired of the constant attacks from the Cellino hating brigade that this will be my final post on lufctalk.com. (grateful if admin would please close my membership as i don't know how) Thanks.

Time-out worked for me, hope it does the same for you. :thumbup:
Hmm, why not just leave your account and visit the site when your ready to participate again or is it more of a statement?
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35572685

We could be about to break ranks in order to make our own TV deal.

Or we might just bopped on the head and put back in our place .. fair play for taking it to court though.
This could be as historic as Bosman, albeit on a smaller, English-only basis.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Hope you reconsider, just sit back and give it thought.

Personally can understand because at times it seems like we all have to be Cellino lovers or haters, life was so much easier when we were just Leeds fans, much more fun debating saturdays teamsheet (oops mondays) than all the board room politics.
I personally dislike the "Cellino saved us" comments equally as much as the "Cellino out" statements we see occasionally, especially when they come in the form of of childish one liners with no substance or facts to back up the debate. These type of arguments have a tendency to go around in circles and become very boring.
To be honest i really enjoy this forum and the many topics on here, also some excellent posters that provide us with a good read and some cracking friendly debate.
Don't let the things you dislike put you off enjoying this forum, lots of good stuff here too.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Unread postby Selby White » less than a minute ago

sawadee wrote:
Many folk including me are tired of the seemingly never ending histrionics that Cellino brings to our club but i'm also tired of the Cellino haters on this forum that appear to take every single opportunity to attack him. In fact I'm so tired of the constant attacks from the Cellino hating brigade that this will be my final post on lufctalk.com. (grateful if admin would please close my membership as i don't know how) Thanks.
Hope you reconsider, just sit back and give it thought.

Personally can understand because at times it seems like we all have to be Cellino lovers or haters, life was so much easier when we were just Leeds fans, much more fun debating saturdays teamsheet (oops mondays) than all the board room politics.
I personally dislike the "Cellino saved us" comments equally as much as the "Cellino out" statements we see occasionally, especially when they come in the form of of childish one liners with no substance or facts to back up the debate. These type of arguments have a tendency to go around in circles and become very boring.
To be honest i really enjoy this forum and the many topics on here, also some excellent posters that provide us with a good read and some cracking friendly debate.
Don't let the things you dislike put you off enjoying this forum, lots of good stuff here too.

Agree with what you say SW but over the last few weeks it seems a lot posts end up with a swipe at MC and then someone replies to it and like you say it all goes full circle again.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Paul Bell, Executive Director of Leeds United, comments on stories that have appeared in the press over the weekend.

Last Thursday I attended a meeting organised by the Football League on behalf of all its member clubs.

The meeting was organised, like all previous Football League club meetings, so that clubs could discuss matters together, privately and confidentially.

It is therefore disappointing to read inaccurate press reports this morning quoting 'sources' from within the meeting.

Given the nature of the article, I feel that it is important and necessary to set the record straight.

I would like to make it clear that Leeds United is not seeking, or taken legal action, to dismantle the collective selling of TV rights as has been suggested.

This model has proven extremely successful for some of the biggest leagues around the world, none more so than the Premier League.

The revenues received by all clubs from the sale of their domestic broadcast rights and overseas broadcast rights are vital to the long-term health and survival of clubs.

The club has, however, made it clear to both Sky and the League that it opposes the degree of control exercised by Sky over the league fixture list, and seeks transparency as to how these rights have been sold.

During the meeting, I outlined our position to all the other chief executives and senior personnel present, helping to provide everyone with a clear understanding of the issues that we are raising, issues that affect all of the league clubs.

Today's article seeks to position Leeds United as a lone, isolated voice. However, this is far from the truth and there is a growing number of clubs who now understand and share our desire for transparency.

It is our duty to protect the long term interests of the club and our passionate supporters. Therefore, we will continue to pursue these issues with the Football League.

We will endeavour to share what information we can, at the appropriate stages, through the club's official website.
- See more at: http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article ... 6VEks.dpuf
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

The above statement from the club shows we've all been had.

how embarrassing.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I could actually agree with ANS here and say that all teams in a division should get an equal distribution of the TV money BUT they all get the same TV exposure and disruption that that causes too! This is where the current situation is so wrong. You can't have it both ways and treat the clubs equally in terms of the money bit then USE the drawing power of clubs like Leeds to boost he TV audience! IT IS UNFAIR
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

dlw10 wrote:I could actually agree with ANS here and say that all teams in a division should get an equal distribution of the TV money BUT they all get the same TV exposure and disruption that that causes too! This is where the current situation is so wrong. You can't have it both ways and treat the clubs equally in terms of the money bit then USE the drawing power of clubs like Leeds to boost he TV audience! IT IS UNFAIR
You 'could' but ultimately you don't, Dave? Genuine question :D

Perhaps I misled people when I said the system is wrong and any club losing money due to TV is wrong too. But heyho, I'm anti-Cellino so to some it seems everything must be a personal vendetta, childish and boring of me.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Another Northern Soul wrote:The above statement from the club shows we've all been had.

how embarrassing.
Tbh it doesn't, my issue was always 'control'/transparency' and never money. Doubt I'm alone.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente