New Leeds United books

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: New Leeds United books

Post by dlw10 »

claptonwhite wrote:
dlw10 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Leeds United Fiasco landed on my doormat this morning, looking forward to getting stuck into it :thumbup:.
Ah! Couldn't wait for those sluggish Amazon folks eh? I am ready and braced for your comments Kev!
Half way through it Dave and enjoying it so far even though it's painful remembering some of the crap football we were forced to watch. It's got to be better next season - the eternal optimist!
Fantastic! Glad you are enjoying it! It is a shame the football was so poor and yet there was still often an interesting story in most games. As with Kev I hope you will let me know when you have finished it what you think overall - all comments always appreciated and I hope I didn't divulge any pre-match Pavilion secrets! Already looking forward to seeing all the Pavilion crew again for the next round of heartache!!!!
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

dlw10 wrote:Excellent - everyone who has bought from CompletelyNovel says the delivery is rapid. Yes, they do in fact print every book to order! As I understand it Amazon work in a similar way in that they will place and order for a small quantity and the same printer (Lightening Source) will get an instruction to print them. There are a few printers now who are set up to run single orders through.
Print-on-demand is such a great addition to the printing world, as it allows for niche publications to reach their audience. I just wish there was a bit more care and attention taken with editing and fact checking on some of the books I have seen. I think the worst eample I have seen from a Leeds United point of view is this one:

http://www.lufctalk.com/resources/leeds ... d-402.html

There are interesting developments in the library world with print on demand too, as the Library of Congress has a print on demand system where you can order rare and of print titles on demand to take away with you. This has such amazing potential in this regard!
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

What's wrong with it, Deebs? Your reviews are always fair, in my experience, so please spill the proverbials :D
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

New book out from LUFCtalk's very own dlw10!!

http://www.lufctalk.com/resources/leeds ... t-565.html

Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Great title, good cover except for this photo which makes it look like Dave has some crap tattoos on his arms :lol:

Good luck :D
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Sneaky can of red bull there....
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I know it's out on Amazon kindle now, read a few pages on the 'preview' thing last night (we even got a mention, from the Dundee game I think :thumbup:).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Great title, good cover except for this photo which makes it look like Dave has some crap tattoos on his arms :lol:

Good luck :D
Thanks Rob - yeah I got a shock at first when I saw the pic! That version is the one I created for the Kindle "cover" and I think it works better than the one I eventually went with for the print version (where I was limited by the available font for the title)! I quite like the tattoos though......don't remember having those done!
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Sheepy wrote:Sneaky can of red bull there....
I was so sure we were going down that route that I gambled with that! I don't even drink the stuff!!!!!
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Barlow Boy wrote:I know it's out on Amazon kindle now, read a few pages on the 'preview' thing last night (we even got a mention, from the Dundee game I think :thumbup:).
I am all finished now - its available now direct from CompletelyNovel in print version and then Amazon will have it available in a couple of weeks if last year is anything to go by. As always any feedback gratefully received!