New Leeds United books

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: New Leeds United books

Post by Deebo »

I wanted to draw attention to this book from last year, as aside from popping it up on the bibliography, I didn't mention it.

Its a novel, with a big Leeds United influence throughout. I saw it in the club shop last year too, so still widely available.

Marching on Together
PJ Whiteley
Category: NEW!
Urbane Publications
9781911129332 [ISBN]

Hugely enjoyable novel centered around 6 intertwined Leeds United supporters on a brief holiday to Belgium. Central themes are belonging, relationships, moving on, and the ups and downs of being a Leeds fan. Well recommended!

From the publishers: "It is August 2014. Six Leeds United supporters set off for a short break in Bruges. Two brothers Allan and Johnny Collins - the former a successful businessman, the latter just out of prison - are visiting great-grandad's grave on the Western Front, at the time of the centenary of the start of the Great War. They're joined by Johnny's mates, Craig and Terry; the tomboy Petra; and the out-of-sorts Yvonne, who failed to persuade estranged husband Tony to accompany her. For all the political events, historic and current, that surround them, they find it difficult to avoid discussion of the wildly eccentric new owner of their beloved football club as it languishes in the second tier of English football. He has sold the best striker and banned the Number 17 shirt as being 'unlucky'. Meanwhile other obsessions, secrets and ambitions lie within their hearts. Can Johnny find love again, or a job? Will Terry make it as a photographer? Is Allan's business as successful as it appears to be? What is the family secret behind the antique silver locket that Yvonne keeps in her handbag? And can she finally accept the result of the 1975 European Cup Final, and begin to move on with her life?"

http://www.lufctalk.com/resources/leeds ... r-601.html
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Cool :D

Think I'll get a copy of that then !
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Did you read it yet Rigger?
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

Hey all, one of our very own forum member's latest book is out:

http://www.lufctalk.com/resources/leeds ... h-630.html

These "season reviews" are a good recap of the season, and we need to keep Dave in beer and petrol money.

The poor fellow spends a small fortune following our team up and down the country! Let's hope this season is the one when his hard work is finally rewarded!! :mrgreen:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Having skimmed through it, I see I’m mentioned a few times, presumably I get some royalties :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

Barlow Boy wrote:Having skimmed through it, I see I’m mentioned a few times, presumably I get some royalties :thumbup:
What, from Scrooge Watkins. :roll: Unlikely. :lol:
Deebo
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Deebo »

dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Wigan White wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Having skimmed through it, I see I’m mentioned a few times, presumably I get some royalties :thumbup:
What, from Scrooge Watkins. :roll: Unlikely. :lol:

Hey! I heard that! LOL!
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

I should think the honour of having your name in print for future generations of Barlows is quite enough!
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Deebo wrote:Hey all, one of our very own forum member's latest book is out:

http://www.lufctalk.com/resources/leeds ... h-630.html

These "season reviews" are a good recap of the season, and we need to keep Dave in beer and petrol money.

The poor fellow spends a small fortune following our team up and down the country! Let's hope this season is the one when his hard work is finally rewarded!! :mrgreen:
Thanks Deebo! Hope all well.... yep, if the wife ever finds out what I spend on the footy, this little endeavour of mine will come to a rapid end!!!!!