League Cup draw

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Re: League Cup draw

Post by jjrgreeney »

Grim draw.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Liverpool versus Notts county, how Liverpool have fallen from grace, most young people, say in their 20s won't probably realise that Liverpool used to be a great side once, lol

It's nice to see them struggling year on year. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just looking at the draw wondering which game will be televised. I suppose the David v Goliath game is Morecambe v Newcastle. Not sure which other game they'll pick.
Winner of the Europa League
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

liverpool vs notts county would have my bet.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Aces wrote:Liverpool versus Notts county, how Liverpool have fallen from grace, most young people, say in their 20s won't probably realise that Liverpool used to be a great side once, lol

It's nice to see them struggling year on year. :lol:
I am one of those who love to hate liverpool, and when they lose i get just about as much pleasure as i do seeing that welsh team Cardiff lose, i guess they always say you have a love at 1st sight but for me i had with Liverpool a hate at 1st site. During the late seventies in school warfare between Leeds fans and Liverpool fans were ferocious to say the least.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Early 70s and beyond for me, I really hate Liverpool, they became so arrogant and self absorbing, to see them struggling year on year is bliss.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Aces wrote:Early 70s and beyond for me, I really hate Liverpool, they became so arrogant and self absorbing, to see them struggling year on year is bliss.
Yes the wallow a bit in injustice, but I have to say I have a respect for Liverpool.... Most likely as a result of them hating man utd as much as we do. Always remember when we won the league under wilko, scum fans on the sunday at an field were shouting united, and the kop would respond Leeds.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Sounds like it's down to whichever era you grew up in as to what team is most hated. Can't say I've met an unlikeable Liverpool fan yet, and, unlike Man U, their managers and most of their long-standing players are usually "good guys" too. If Liverpool becoming arrogant in the 70s is reason for dislike, what must we look like? :D
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I think I hated them because they were the best team and we were the best just before them, Man utd weren't that good in the 70s and 80s, when did the hate of them start? I was only a kid in 1970 and I don't recall it, I asked Norman Hunter at a charity night and he said Liverpool and Man utd were always their main rivals, i asked him about the real hatred of Man utd like we know today and when it started and had it happened when Cantona went to Man utd, he said it definitely got worse then.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Bogdan wrote:Sounds like it's down to whichever era you grew up in as to what team is most hated. Can't say I've met an unlikeable Liverpool fan yet, and, unlike Man U, their managers and most of their long-standing players are usually "good guys" too.
In my experience the more likable scousers from the blue side of the city. I thought the team was likable in the days of alonso mascherano and torres et al but in recent times they've had far more pantomime villains: bellamy, suarez, carroll and more. I have disliked them and enjoyed seeing them struggle in the last few years, especially because I'm quite fond of everton.
If Liverpool becoming arrogant in the 70s is reason for dislike, what must we look like? :D
Yeah everyone knows we're the team other fans love!
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."