Smith and Cantona.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Smith and Cantona.

Post by Davycc »

Aces wrote:
The Don wrote:Cantona deserves to be hated, Smith does not. I still have a soft spot for Alan, if it wasn't for insolvency and relegation he would still be playing for us I expect.

I'm fairly convinced Dennis Wise did his best to relegate us on Ken Bates orders. What manager would set out a team specifically to lose?! It goes against the very principles of sport. Ex-Chelsea so what do you expect, he is for me the worst Leeds manager of all time.
What did Cantona do for us to hate him? He was instrumental in us winning the league then Wilko sold him to Man utd. Hates a strong word, I thought I hated Thatcher for being out of work a year because of her in the 80s but when she died I had no hate of her at all. I can't see what he did to be hated, if banging someone else's missus, allegedly is the reason, I think it's bollox IMO.
is it ok if for that reason I hate my ex postie? Could never understand why she didn't hate receiving the household bills!"
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Smith and Cantona.

Post by Aces »

Davycc wrote:
Aces wrote:
The Don wrote:Cantona deserves to be hated, Smith does not. I still have a soft spot for Alan, if it wasn't for insolvency and relegation he would still be playing for us I expect.

I'm fairly convinced Dennis Wise did his best to relegate us on Ken Bates orders. What manager would set out a team specifically to lose?! It goes against the very principles of sport. Ex-Chelsea so what do you expect, he is for me the worst Leeds manager of all time.
What did Cantona do for us to hate him? He was instrumental in us winning the league then Wilko sold him to Man utd. Hates a strong word, I thought I hated Thatcher for being out of work a year because of her in the 80s but when she died I had no hate of her at all. I can't see what he did to be hated, if banging someone else's missus, allegedly is the reason, I think it's bollox IMO.
is it ok if for that reason I hate my ex postie? Could never understand why she didn't hate receiving the household bills!"
Anyone can hate whoever they want, it's up to them, but this isn't a good reason IMO not saying it's not a good reason for you.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT