Relegation

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NikosAGr1985
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Relegation

Post by NikosAGr1985 »

Anyone?

:crazy:
Massimo Cellino: "I 've bought garbage players with the McCormack money".
Deleted User 130

Re: Relegation

Post by Deleted User 130 »

No I'd rather not if you don't mind.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Not me either, but thanks for asking.
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Not a reality. :shh:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Can one of the MODS close this thread, please :cry:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
MaudDib
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by MaudDib »

Yep I said it is likely in a post a while ago. This team just gets worse. Over the last ten years their really has been nothing to celebrate......Yes we got back in to the Championship but did we really deserve to be here? So many living in denial on here....Come on guys give your views....We all hope it does not happen but you cannot deny what is happening and Leeds are rubbish no fight in this team....

But can we really blame them as they do not know how safe the club is, whether they are going to be paid etc etc. This is just so bad for moral let alone the fans who pay to go and see this rubbish....I have been a Leeds fan for many years so I am not knocking them but seeing how it really is and on here you are all just lying to yourselves. If this club does not sort it self out with the owner who ever that maybe in the end then Leeds are going down and may never come back as it could so easily collapse altogether....This is a very worrying prospect but it is a huge possibility. When I see Leeds play sometimes they are so good and I cannot understand why the next game they are then rubbish....Turmoil in the club has been going on for ten plus years so who really wants to play for Leeds? Can you blame them....
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Yes I can blame them, but because it isn't true, I won't bother.

I never lie to anyone, least of all myself :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I believe there's a real fear of relegation. Apart from the behind the scenes turmoil we are on our 3rd manager, sorry coach this season & my fear is that Redfearn is currently looking down the barrel of a shotgun, a defeat on Tuesday might be the straw that goes with the camel. We will have a transfer embargo in the next window so unless we off load players like Norris, Morison & White we won't be bringing in any fresh blood. There appears to be a growing number of fans who are disillusioned with Cellino & this won't help. Yes I'm concerned unless someone can give me any hope.
Winner of the Europa League
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

When I see us starting to run backwards towards our own goal, without actually tackling an opposing player, then it reminds me of roque junior. That's not good.

Unless we sort out the defending, I think we are in trouble.

Though I believe we have the nucleus of a decent team. Some skilful players and promising youth. But we need to stop leaking goals.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

I am probably a lot more positive than most. I think we are going through a period when we're not getting the rub of the green. In fairness warnocks side post Xmas performed well without the results. I guarantee if you read the Ipswich / bournmouth forums, post a defeat, they will cite the same defensive frailties as us. I honestly believe we are 3 max 4 players short of a side to challenge anyone. Pavalotti may resolve our lack of a target man. Sorronson for me was a big miss in the summer, he had the pedigree and height we desperatly lack at centre back - wether he is the leader we need, I'm not sure. We lack the width and pace which turn opposition fullbacks into full backs rather than wing backs when faced with no one threatening them defensively. Ironically I suspect micheal brown would add value our youthful midfield on occasions (did I just say that). We need leadership and support on and off the field. Our heads go down too easy, the sad aspect of football now is players who previously would have taken on a "strachen/Collins" role at Leeds either retire or go to the states. Beckham, carragher, lampard, gerrard, Terry could give us more than their individual playing input. A real dilemma for me is that the key role of defensive midfield, where you might add 'the old head midfield general', however that position is occupied by a lad who I think is outstanding and i firmly believe will go on to captain the club. Cooke and Warnock for me are the two, this year who have consistently shown they have got the bollocks to play for Leeds united. Keep the faith lads I honestly think we're a lot closer to having a top side than the table suggests.