Ryan Hall any way back for him?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
AidanButterworth
Terry Venables's car dealer

Ryan Hall any way back for him?

Post by AidanButterworth »

BM has said openly we have no wingers at the club, yet there's a man called Ryan Hall still on our books.

He apparently returned in poor shape after the summer break but has been working hard on his fitness and did well in the preseason game over in Ireland.

He seems to be completely overlooked and a favourite to leave should anyone come in for him.

I just wonder whether anyone has seen anything of him that suggests he may have some chance of playing ny part this season. He had done well at Southend before joining us but I don't think we've ever seen what he can really do or is he just out of his depth?

Would be a great story if he did turn it around....
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Ryan Hall any way back for him?

Post by Selby White »

Says it all for me that he came back from the summer break in poor shape, not really a great attitude for someone trying to establish himself.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

I've defended Warnock on a lot of counts, but seeing Hall's "progress" frustrates me no end and I can't understand how it looked a good deal. Warnock knew he had an attitude problem, he told us about his history when he signed him, yet he's apparently given neither him nor McDermott any good reason to be used much more than in brief spells here and there. The fact that he came in after the summer break unfit is just shambolic and there just don't seem to be any serious signals that he'll get his head down and labour his way into the team, apart from polite responses from McDermott about how he'll be given a chance.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I'd send him out on loan to get fit but who would take him if he is as unfit as he is reported to be? He's a daft lad, and if he is reading this my advice would be to take the opportunity he has infront of him, knuckle down and pull your socks up!
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

Didn't he have a kid or something? I don't know, maybe that had an impact on him. It is a shame because I really do think he has great potential, ahh well. Sell him back to Southend or something.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Oh yeah his wife was having a baby when the squad flew to europe. Maybe that hampered his fitness. Perhaps being a father will help him grow up and improve his attitude, who knows, but he doesn't seem to have much of a chance in the team right now.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Warnock signing Hall made perfect sense at the time. He had very little to spend so had to take a gamble on a player who obviously has talent and was going cheap. The season before he was one of the top players in League 2. We needed a winger and there weren't many other options.
The player is the one who needs to knuckle down and prove he is ready for the first team. If he is happy just collecting his wages and running down his contract then more fool him. With no other wingers in the squad he has a great opportunity to prove his worth.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

I noticed yesterday that he tweeted something along the lines of "finally being fit again" - and I think there was some fitness monitoring yesterday - the photos of Wootton in training showed some of the players wearing monitors (black bib units) so maybe he is finally doing some work in the right direction.

The small glimpses we saw last season lead me to believe he can at least put a decent cross into the box which is something we're lacking and maybe if the likes of Poleon see that sometimes getting an early, accurate ball into the box is better than trying to go through three players and losing possession, the idea might rub off a bit :D

But I agree with most on here, I think he's in the proverbial last chance saloon. I guess BMc will take a view on whether to send him out on loan to get match fitness or whether he can offer us something different, probably just from the bench.
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

He takes a decent free-kick too. Something we are lacking at the moment. Diouf is ok at putting balls into the box but not great for shots on goal. Can recall McCormack and Austin maybe scoring 2/3 between them from around 200 attempts.
birkybullufc

Post by birkybullufc »

Can't believe @R_Hall4 has done the night feeds, got a day off & he's still going in to do some training. #dedication

Retweeted by Ryan Hall

Made some changes in my life, don't regret none of them, so if u ain't heard from me you probably one of them.

Expand

Just looking back through some of his recent tweets and maybe it appears he is starting to knuckle down.