Best Team Post 1980

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby Ricardo Da Lepp » 16 Sep 2013, 23:56

Lukic
Kelly Woodgate Cherry Dorigo
Strachan Batty McAllister Gray (Eddie)
Cantona Viduka
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2008, 18:59

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby Sheepy » 17 Sep 2013, 06:17

I'd forgot about Eddie and Frank Gray :shock:
User avatar
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 14444
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 12:32
Location: Rothwell

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby Ricardo Da Lepp » 17 Sep 2013, 13:06

Sheepy wrote:I'd forgot about Eddie and Frank Gray :shock:


Brian Flynn and John Sheridan were in the mix at one point in my thinking.
Should Vinny be in there too?

Some tough choices.
Ricardo Da Lepp
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 803
Joined: 16 Oct 2008, 18:59

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby Malcolm Stark » 17 Sep 2013, 18:28

Sheepy wrote:I'd forgot about Eddie and Frank Gray :shock:


Surely Gary Speed was a better player to fill the number 11 position than post-1980 Eddie Gray?
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner
 
Posts: 370
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 00:37

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby Independent Republic » 17 Sep 2013, 19:59

Malcolm Stark wrote:
Sheepy wrote:I'd forgot about Eddie and Frank Gray :shock:


Surely Gary Speed was a better player to fill the number 11 position than post-1980 Eddie Gray?



I know this will disgust some, BUT Harry Kewell for me was the best winger in the PL when he was with us - even better than Giggs at the time. I only started supportin Leeds in 1978 but I would have thought that Eddie Gray was a bit past it in the 80s - which if my memory serves me right were very bleak years for us.
User avatar
Independent Republic
David O'Leary's baby-sitter
 
Posts: 760
Joined: 10 Aug 2011, 19:48

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby isrodger » 18 Sep 2013, 04:00

Independent Republic wrote:
Malcolm Stark wrote:
Sheepy wrote:I'd forgot about Eddie and Frank Gray :shock:


Surely Gary Speed was a better player to fill the number 11 position than post-1980 Eddie Gray?



I know this will disgust some, BUT Harry Kewell for me was the best winger in the PL when he was with us - even better than Giggs at the time. I only started supportin Leeds in 1978 but I would have thought that Eddie Gray was a bit past it in the 80s - which if my memory serves me right were very bleak years for us.


Eddie was past his best and he actually probably made as many appearances at left back post 80. Knewell at the time was a far superior player to speed in my view. He had the potential to be a world class performer. Speed was a little bit more like a james Milner - solid 7/8 out of ten each week. Actually between 80 & 82 probably our best player was another winger arthur graham.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: 25 May 2009, 09:57

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby Sheepy » 18 Sep 2013, 06:06

I'm surprised Ian Snodin has not had many more mentions - he was awesome for us and at the time became our record transfer fee received.
User avatar
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 14444
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 12:32
Location: Rothwell

Re: Best Team Post 1980

Postby isrodger » 18 Sep 2013, 06:27

Sheepy wrote:I'm surprised Ian Snodin has not had many more mentions - he was awesome for us and at the time became our record transfer fee received.


Him & sheriden were good however they are up against Batty & Mcallister. I probably think dacort was ahead of snod & shez, although currie might have been the best post revie, central midfielder we had?
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 4177
Joined: 25 May 2009, 09:57

Previous

Return to LUFC TALK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests