GFH(C) policies / CLUB MANAGEMENT DISCUSSIONS

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2

Re: GFH(C) - Finances, new policies, fans interaction

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Best news I've read all week. :clap:
corkleedsmot
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by corkleedsmot »

great news but surely all too late? i really hope the football league step in here..probably our last chance to get our club back
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Hope it does have a chance, though I do remember when we had a local consortium wanting to buy in the administration before Bates.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

It will mean no money again for any transfers, plus no Italian Stallions on loan.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Didn't the last Yorkshire consortium have something to do with Simon Morris who has since been declared bankrupt and been found guilty of blackmail.

Careful what we wish for.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Aces wrote:It will mean no money again for any transfers, plus no Italian Stallions on loan.
What makes you think we would get stallions and not mules? Initially we may get a decent Italian or two, but I fear its more likely we'd get cast offs who can't cut seria A and some of our talent moved over there.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Selby White wrote:Didn't the last Yorkshire consortium have something to do with Simon Morris who has since been declared bankrupt and been found guilty of blackmail.

Careful what we wish for.
I was hoping more that they'd provide the shortfall to the sports consortium bid.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Why not mention Jody Morris too, it's about as relevant?
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Nic wrote:
Aces wrote:It will mean no money again for any transfers, plus no Italian Stallions on loan.
What makes you think we would get stallions and not mules? Initially we may get a decent Italian or two, but I fear its more likely we'd get cast offs who can't cut seria A and some of our talent moved over there.

Well ..... There's been umpteen posts, from folk on here digging the dirt on Cellino and rightly so, he seems a really shady character, but ...... His record in Italy looks pretty good to me, taking a division two side languishing in obscurity and getting them promoted to the top division. We have employed our last two managers, Warnock and BMcD mostly because they got teams out of the Championship, so why not a owner with this pedigree?

I'm not at al certain that this guy is right for us, in fact I think it is highly unlikely, but the last two shyster owners have seen us going nowhere for ten years and Cellino might ...... Just might get us back up in to the Premiership, the alternative is, we will almost certainly stay languishing in the Championship, because there won't be any money for new players having owners running the club on a very tight budget.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

If I had one I would stake my reputation on it that Cellino, or any other foreign 'maverick' owner for that matter, who wants 'hands on' with team affairs, will not succeed at Leeds United. I'm appalled at his/GFH(C)'s antics of last week but as Aces says, this fella has a good record, in Italy. It wouldn't happen here unless there is a Italian footballing hero who we'd all agree would be beneficial to us. Zola would be the closest to that perhaps, and I believe Cellino wanted HIM out when he was looking at buying West Ham, so that wouldnt happen anyway. I am not prejudiced against anyone for their nationality etc, I simply do not see how he could do anything good after such a disgraceful introduction to our club.