Here we go again.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Revie Boy
Terry Venables's car dealer

Re: Here we go again.

Post by Revie Boy »

In answer to Mellor.
You mention players at Leeds playing for low wages that nobody wants. But you can bet your bottom dollar that should any of them start to score goals, they will be immediately sought after by other clubs.
There's no loyalty amongst at Leeds anymore. How long is it since they had a decent run of results? Thinking of other clubs in the doldrums like Wolves. At least they had a fantastic run in the Championship, and recent memories of a spell in the Premiership which seems beyond our grasp. And give me happy clappy sticks if it means we can perform like Blackpool.
At least I am lucky enough to be one of seemingly only a privileged few on this forum with a long enough memory of when we really had a decent, loyal team, feared by all. Perhaps I should be content with that!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Yes things are frustrating at the moment but they have been for 10 years. There are times over that period that we could have gone under financially so at least we still have a team to support. I am not GFH's biggest fan but we are stuck with them at the moment, certainly prefer them to Bates. At least now we can see a chink of light at the end of the tunnel and maybe a knight in shining armour or a keffiyeh on the horizon.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Revie Boy wrote: At least I am lucky enough to be one of seemingly only a privileged few on this forum with a long enough memory of when we really had a decent, loyal team, feared by all. Perhaps I should be content with that!
With all due respect there are more than a few Revie Boys on this forum, I should know I am one of them ;) I'll admit yes it's hard remembering the good old days but things have changed dramatically since the 1970's both on and off the pitch.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Revie boy I give you the minus 15 season.

Promotion year was good. Two trips to the play offs. Cracking cup games.

LUFC fans have a burning desire to paint things as bad as possible. It really hasn't been that bad IMO. Not universally great obviously but I feared for the club as the Ridsdale years (which many think great) took their toll. We haven't recovered yet. Bates almost pulled it off before finding the job too big and his enemies (the crowd) too strong. GFH big on PR - average on delivery as yet. I don't like their schmoozing on twitter etc. Prefer the blunt approach.

Looking forward to my day out in Newcastle - leaving shortly. Better that than Accy Stanley ;)
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Revie Boy
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Revie Boy »

Reading the various comments to my original blog, nothing gives me confidence to believe the situation at Leeds will change for the better any time soon. One reason quoted appears to be the lack of cash, hence why any players showing promise are soon sold. Yet, when a Saudi Prince comes calling with pots of cash to invest, either he was not made welcome at Elland Road or he was less than impressed with the set up or ambition there. Result - he invests instead in one of two teams in Sheffield and one in a lower Division for goodness sake. Now what does that tell you about the situation at Leeds?
Isn't it time you incredibly loyal supporters flocking in substantial numbers to watch mediocre performances by your team should, instead, demand some substantial improvement for your continued loyalty by whatever means you can?
I await the result at Newcastle tonight with bated breath.
Pecky10

Post by Pecky10 »

Revie Boy wrote:Reading the various comments to my original blog, nothing gives me confidence to believe the situation at Leeds will change for the better any time soon. One reason quoted appears to be the lack of cash, hence why any players showing promise are soon sold. Yet, when a Saudi Prince comes calling with pots of cash to invest, either he was not made welcome at Elland Road or he was less than impressed with the set up or ambition there. Result - he invests instead in one of two teams in Sheffield and one in a lower Division for goodness sake. Now what does that tell you about the situation at Leeds?
Isn't it time you incredibly loyal supporters flocking in substantial numbers to watch mediocre performances by your team should, instead, demand some substantial improvement for your continued loyalty by whatever means you can?
Technically his total investment at Sheffield United stands at £1.00, that's the price he paid (and what he wanted to pay for Leeds) so time will tell as to how much he actually invests but so far GFH have put a lot more into Leeds that he has at Sheffield United.

Perspective lad, cheer up for goodness' sake :)
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Revie Boy wrote:Reading the various comments to my original blog, nothing gives me confidence to believe the situation at Leeds will change for the better any time soon. One reason quoted appears to be the lack of cash, hence why any players showing promise are soon sold.
We haven't sold anyone with promise this summer, in spite of a few offers. In fact, we haven't sold anyone, showing promise or not!
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Revie Boy wrote:Reading the various comments to my original blog, nothing gives me confidence to believe the situation at Leeds will change for the better any time soon. One reason quoted appears to be the lack of cash, hence why any players showing promise are soon sold. Yet, when a Saudi Prince comes calling with pots of cash to invest, either he was not made welcome at Elland Road or he was less than impressed with the set up or ambition there. Result - he invests instead in one of two teams in Sheffield and one in a lower Division for goodness sake. Now what does that tell you about the situation at Leeds?
Is this the same Saudi Prince that invested the day after the transfer window closed ? His team are languishing in a relegation place at the moment, he hardly sounds like he's got to quote Harry Enfield "loads of money" If my newly acquired team looked like relegation fodder and I had the money I would be backing the manager now rather than sanctioning a loan for a Leeds player that can't stay fit.
MaudDib
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by MaudDib »

I really wish we all knew what the current board want this year as in all the years we have been back in this league I see no difference. Every year Leeds struggle and we only ever mange mid table. This year is no different and the way things are going Leeds will be lucky to be in the top half......This is getting boring year in year out and no sense of the board wanting a position in the Premier league.
Pecky10

Post by Pecky10 »

MaudDib wrote:This is getting boring year in year out and no sense of the board wanting a position in the Premier league.
Do you not think that's what they want too? Everyone says they haven't invested (aside from probably the £20m+ more than the Sheffield United "saviour" to date) and they're only in it for the money - the best way of improving the value of Leeds United stock is through promotion to the Premier League. They're not stupid, they know that's where the value is, of course they want it!!

So, maybe they haven't chucked stupid money after bad like Forest and Leicester have in recent years (to huge success, obviously :shh: ) but I for one would rather we have some common sense at the helm rather than the number 2s-or-bust that fans like you are demanding. We've been there before and I didn't enjoy the number 2s element, I don't know about you.

Yes, we'd all like a bit more investment on the pitch but none of us are inside Leeds United knowing what the real financial situation is. Clubs like Man Utd are millions and millions of pounds in debt and I'm glad we're not, at least not on that scale.

How about we cut GFH-C a break; they've been in charge less than a year, just give them a bloody chance to see what they can do.