2013-14 Fixtures - date and kick off changes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 2

2013-14 Fixtures - date and kick off changes

Post by Deleted User 2 »

Leeds United kick off their season at home against Brighton. Several fixtures have already had their date or time changed for TV broadcoast or on police request.
@LUFC: United’s first away game of the new season at Leicester has moved to Sunday 11 August, 4:30pm KO. The game will be live on Sky Sports #LUFC

Sheff Weds now a 12.15 KO.

United's home match against Wigan Athletic has been moved back 24 hours to Wednesday December 4 (7:45pm).
The match was originally scheduled for the Tuesday evening in early December but due to Wigan's involvement in next season's Europa League the match has moved.

The QPR game is now on tv sat 31 aug kick off at 12,15

Huddersfield away on 26th October now a 12.30 kick off.

FIXTURE CHANGE: Reading away will now be played on Wednesday September 18, with an 8pm KO #LUFC

@PhilHayYEP: #lufc v Birmingham City to be televised live by Sky. Now on Sunday, October 20 (ko 1.15pm).

@LUFC: FIXTURE CHANGE: United's away match at Sheffield Wednesday has moved to Sunday January 12 (3pm). This is due to a Police request #LUFC
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: 2013-14 Fixtures - date and kick off changes

Post by PockWhite »

I'm sure most will be aware, but for those who aren't, we are on Sky twice on successive Saturdays in January.
Have pasted the text below off the O/S for your edification! ;)
Our game against Leicester City in the New Year is the latest to be switched for live TV coverage.
The Elland Road clash with the Foxes remains on Saturday January 18, but will now kick-off at 12.15pm rather than 3pm.
This change follows hot on the heels of the Sheffield Wednesday fixture changing.
The trip to Hillsborough is now a 12.15pm kick-off on Saturday January 11. Both games will be shown live on Sky.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

crying out loud, thats cost me more holiday :evil:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

How many of our games are going to be on SKY this season ? They really do have a love affair with us don't they. It must pee off other Championship sides how many times we do appear on TV.
Winner of the Europa League
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

It's a right pain.

In truth it's one reason why the promised land of the Prem is less attractive than it once might have been. I like to watch football at 3:00 pm on a Saturday. How many games are even played on a Saturday let alone KO at 3:00 pm?

Murdoch/Dyke/Prem have turned paying supporters into no more than background atmosphere and armchair fans into the main event. To see Dyke hypocritically heading up the FA commission into what's wrong with the England team makes me puke.

The crowd at ER on Sky Days is also hit to the tune of several thousand. Sky is an evil beast slowly undermining the English game.

No doubt an old topic on here but football should be a spectator sport. Flat caps essential.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

I think the worse thing about these constant changes whether they be made by Sky or West Yorkshires finest is how it affects the fans. A lot of fans travel by all modes of transport and the general rule of thumb is the earlier you book the cheaper it is and then the day or kick off time is changed without a thought to these fans. I agree with Mellor to me football kicks off at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon but alas the days of flat caps, rattles and rosettes are long gone and are now replaced with prawn sandwiches, corporate hospitality and Sky running football.
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

I was having this exact discussion the other day with a chap who wanted to sort out the trips to Bournemouth and Brighton. In the end i had to say to him you can't book anything this far ahead just in case anything changes - it used to be we only had to worry about the weather!
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Yeovil away 8th Feb Saturday, now on Sky & 12.15pm kick off time.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

PockWhite wrote:Yeovil away 8th Feb Saturday, now on Sky & 12.15pm kick off time.
Cheers for that. :thumbup:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

A new date will need to be found for Brighton away, after they progressed to the fourth round which is scheduled to take place on 25th/26th January.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.