2013-14 Fixtures - date and kick off changes

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: 2013-14 Fixtures - date and kick off changes

Post by Barlow Boy »

Barlow Boy wrote:A new date will need to be found for Brighton away, after they progressed to the fourth round which is scheduled to take place on 25th/26th January.
Now Tuesday 11th February, at 7.45pm.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

Saturday 3rd May Leeds vs Derby now 12.15, but so are the other championship games.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

QPR. Away game on 1st March no a 12:15 kick as game now on Sky.
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I bloody hate boozing at 9am !
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

NottinghamWhite wrote:QPR. Away game on 1st March no a 12:15 kick as game now on Sky.

That two saturdays in a row we will have 12.15 ko as the boro game the week before is 12.15
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:QPR. Away game on 1st March no a 12:15 kick as game now on Sky.

That two saturdays in a row we will have 12.15 ko as the boro game the week before is 12.15
And a fortnight before that, 12.15 all the way down to Yeovil.

It's getting beyond a joke now, to be honest. I mean, I'm not one to usually complain about Sky, and there's many fans relying on it for seeing us play, but we're just a mediocre team in this division! On Sky at Sheffield, on Sky the next week vs Leicester. 3 weeks break, on Sky at Yeovil, short break, on Sky at Boro and QPR. How many of these are of relevance to anyone outside these fanbases?
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

Are there rules regarding how many times a team can be shown on TV in the Championship? Surely there must be regulation or some of the smaller teams would never get on would they?
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

I've never seen any figures but I have to assume this is all because we are they biggest audience draw outside of the Prem. Hence whoever they want to show because of their performance in the Championship they wait for the game v Leeds! I too am getting fed up with it - just booked my train to QPR and it is going to involve me getting up at 5am.....admittedly that is to ensure I get a few hours in the pub before the game, but it is stupid o clock. As you say though it helps those who can't get to the games - apparently the Scandinavians love the 12:15 kick offs because they get to see them over there - the 3 o clock (our time) games are always saved for the Prem of course so we are never on at that time over there.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

dlw10 wrote:the 3 o clock (our time) games are always saved for the Prem of course so we are never on at that time over there.
I was under the impression 3 oclock games are forbidden from being shown live on tv in the uk. That's why it's always 'This game has been moved to 12.15 to be shown on sky.'
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

3pm games are shown outside the UK of course - I was referring to Scandinavia who get Prem games, Only time they show Championship is when the times do not conflict hence the 12:15 which as you say also means they can be shown in UK