Leeds United Australian connections

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Leeds United Australian connections

Post by Mr Russell »

West beach white wrote:Hey fellow Aussies, anyone got the heads up on what's going on with the championship coverage this season, I assumed it would be shown on being sports again, but I was told today that's not the case. If so that's ruined my weekend,I was really looking forward to watching lufc kick off their new season.
Looks like the Foxtel subscription will be cut off. Not happy :thumbdown:
it looks as if you are right! that is a major disappointment for fans in Australia :thumbdown:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
smugboy
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by smugboy »

I assumed the same that Championship Games would be on Bein Sport again, but it doesn't look like it.

Maybe LUFC TV is the way to go.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

smugboy wrote:I assumed the same that Championship Games would be on Bein Sport again, but it doesn't look like it.

Can you get ESPN3 there? Probably a stupid question but I know a LU in America group had the same worries about Bein stopping coverage. I don't know enough about LUTV but they're saying it should be okay, need to sign up and then PPV. Hope this helps but TBH I haven't a clue if it will :crazy:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
smugboy wrote:I assumed the same that Championship Games would be on Bein Sport again, but it doesn't look like it.

Can you get ESPN3 there? Probably a stupid question but I know a LU in America group had the same worries about Bein stopping coverage. I don't know enough about LUTV but they're saying it should be okay, need to sign up and then PPV. Hope this helps but TBH I haven't a clue if it will :crazy:
Sadly not we only get ESPN 1 +2 here in Oz and after looking at their guide for the week there was no championship football. I also looked a BeIn sports as well and there are big gaps in their guide which just says Football TBC which i presume was where the games where supposed to be. Looks like LUTV is the way to go at this point of time.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

I'm assuming we can only watch home games not shown on Skye through lutv. Is that correct
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Mr Russell wrote:

Sadly not we only get ESPN 1 +2 here in Oz and after looking at their guide for the week there was no championship football. I also looked a BeIn sports as well and there are big gaps in their guide which just says Football TBC which i presume was where the games where supposed to be. Looks like LUTV is the way to go at this point of time.
US mates said it's on ESPN3, I'm not sure about that but they usually know what they're talking about. I can't quite believe it won't be shown but you might have to be internet stream detectives :think:
West beach white
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by West beach white »

I spoke to Foxtel today, they told me being sports still in negotiations over the championship viewing rights. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:

US mates said it's on ESPN3, I'm not sure about that but they usually know what they're talking about. I can't quite believe it won't be shown but you might have to be internet stream detectives :think:
Its true our American friends can get it on ESPN 3, lucky buggers!
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

West beach white wrote:I spoke to Foxtel today, they told me being sports still in negotiations over the championship viewing rights. Hopefully they get it sorted soon.
i hope your right!
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Here's an Oz connection - my lad and his lady came all the way from Perth for the game today... well, not exactly just for the game but they were there!