Why Leeds United ?

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Re: Why Leeds United ?

Post by kk white »

Welcome in rschroe1, if that's your real name...! ;) :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

rschroe1 wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Rob, and I'm from Chicago, USA. I've followed the Premier League generally over the years but never had a club to follow. With a lot of time on my hands coming up this fall and winter thanks to the pandemic, I decided this would be a good year to throw in my lot with a side.

No one likes a frontrunner, so I chose between the three promoted teams. In my highly unscientific selection process, Leeds fit everything I would look for in a club to support: rich history, old and historic stadium, great fan base and a hated rival among the wealthy clubs.

So here I am, however randomly. Like any good American, I'm a bit of a football novice but looking forward to learning a lot more about the game moving forward.
Hi Rob welcome aboard!

I assume that is Chicago IL? :lol: , I lived in Houston TX for four years and visited my bestie from Uni (Leicester fan :roll:) in Evansville a number of times.

Really like your thinking process regarding choice of Premier League team, and the fact that you call it football rather than 'sakker'

You will find that this forum is the home of reasoned and intelligent discussion about Leeds United with excellent moderators.

Looking forward to your posts mate :thumbup:
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
rschroe1
Giddy Kipper

Post by rschroe1 »

Welcome aboard. There's probably a million ways to find an allegiance to club luckily your way found you the most frustrating, wonderful, amazing, soul destroying unbelievable and greatest club in the world. Enjoy the ride with Leeds it's always a roller coaster.

I nearly forgot :) why not pop over to our new members section and add yourself to our members map.
Added to the map! Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone. Yes, Chicago, Illinois. Never been to Evansville, though it is only a few hours away.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

rschroe1 wrote:Hi everyone, my name is Rob, and I'm from Chicago, USA. I've followed the Premier League generally over the years but never had a club to follow. With a lot of time on my hands coming up this fall and winter thanks to the pandemic, I decided this would be a good year to throw in my lot with a side.

No one likes a frontrunner, so I chose between the three promoted teams. In my highly unscientific selection process, Leeds fit everything I would look for in a club to support: rich history, old and historic stadium, great fan base and a hated rival among the wealthy clubs.

So here I am, however randomly. Like any good American, I'm a bit of a football novice but looking forward to learning a lot more about the game moving forward.
Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Hi Rob welcome :wave:

Whatever method you use to pick your English team it certainly works. :thumbup:

For the record Chicago is by far my top American City to visit and have been on numerous occasions.
Done all the touristy stuff, visited in all four seasons, seen all weathers from over 100degrees to minus 18, had two birthdays trips there, been to Taste of Chicago festival(more than once), visited Music Clubs, St Patricks day parade, started two road trips there (route 66 & Blues highway route 61) and even watched the Blackhawks at the United Centre.
Even when travelling to other cities have been known to fly via Chicago and attach 2 or 3 days to the trip.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Welcome in Rob it’s great to see new members from around the world.
Winner of the Europa League
Leonickroberts
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Leonickroberts »

Welcome pal - you've made the right choice. Following Leeds may not guarantee glory, but it'll guarantee excitement ;)
'When he plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints’
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Welcome, you made an excellent choice ;)
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
mapperleywhite

Post by mapperleywhite »

rschroe1 wrote:
Welcome aboard. There's probably a million ways to find an allegiance to club luckily your way found you the most frustrating, wonderful, amazing, soul destroying unbelievable and greatest club in the world. Enjoy the ride with Leeds it's always a roller coaster.

I nearly forgot :) why not pop over to our new members section and add yourself to our members map.
Added to the map! Thanks for the kind welcome, everyone. Yes, Chicago, Illinois. Never been to Evansville, though it is only a few hours away.
Ooops, it wasn't Evansville, but Evanston on the northern border of Chicago Metro.
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
Flemish White
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by Flemish White »

Why do you fall in love with certain women?