Slept on it but nope, I'm still not happy.

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: Slept on it but nope, I'm still not happy.

Post by johnh »

Rob
I have re-read the various posts which caused the problem and I can understand your position. However, the thread in question was historical (nearly typed hysterical) and not really important in the great scheme of things. I would ask you to reconsider 'bailing out'. Why don't you follow Pecky's example and take a sabbatical for a period. We need you on this site mate, always give preference to reading your posts, no one else on the site with your depth of knowledge on the history of our great club. You obviously have strong feelings of affection for this site and I would ask you to reconsider such a major decision.
We need you mate.

Very best regards

John
I once played against Don Revie.
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Malcolm Stark »

I've sent a full apology to Rob, and will be removing myself from the site over the following week.

I'm sorry it took me 36 hours to do so, but time often reveals your error.

This is a great site, but it's clear it would be happier without me. To be honest, it would be impossible for me to stay. Got a different, positive view of Leeds fans, though, to that I held prior to June when I joined.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I don't want anyone to have to feel they need to take themselves away from the forum be it on temporary or a full time basis.

Sometimes things can get a bit heated, sometimes things can be misunderstood, misquoted and ultimately people fall out, its inevitable.

I hope that those involved can just take a little step back and decide to give the forum another chance, after all, the place will be worse off when good people decide to walk away.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

It was all completely needless, Malcolm, and uncalled for, but i accept your apology with good grace. However, regardless of whether you were tired or drunk or just emotional, I can assure you, MY own recent times take some beating in the 'bad stakes' and certain of your comments felt spiteful and personally offensive to me.

I have tried to explain the comments that apparently offended you, and I have also apologised for any bad feeling they caused. And I did address that poorly delivered message (the one where I said 'I know what I'm talking about' which should have been suffixed with 'even if no one else does' and a :P ) but it seems to have been overlooked.

I don't give a damn that we have differing opinions on THAT goal and Clough and anything else here, but I do object to being accused of coming out with Malecowpoo, being obnoxious and being difficult. You haven't apologised for those comments and that leads me to worry that you'll say similar at some later date while trying to blame me for some perceived insult or 'obnoxiousness'. But please do not feel anyone wants you to exit this place, that isn't my goal despite probably appearing to be vindictive in this instance.

To everyone else who has contacted me or posted about this, I really appreciate your kind remarks and I doubt I'll be 'away' for very long.
Last edited by Deleted User 130 on 20 Oct 2013, 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

And I'm not trying to force anyone to leave either.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Can I respectfully suggest that we wind this thread up now please.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

All this over a goal in the 70's?:)

The thread in question looks very tame to me, but isn't helped by others joining in because they like someone more( sadly happens on forums) .

When Bogdan closed the thread that was the time to pick sweets up off the floor then cyber handshake or not and move on.

MOT
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Not really interested in getting involved in this but an observation. Everyone reacts differently to conflict or criticism or indeed anything. The key to the stability and long term success of a forum like this is that everyone try to remember that and as soon as any member is seen to be upset, offended, or angered, by a comment we make, we ought to just appologise and move on. People will also have different levels of acceptance of conflict at different times of their lives depending on what is going on with them elsewhere at the time. Life is too short to dwell on it...and hey, this should be the happiest day of our season so far, certainly I'm more optimistic than I have been since goodness knows when.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

johnh wrote:Can I respectfully suggest that we wind this thread up now please.

Could I just reiterate the post I made a couple of days ago. Following the final posts by ONS and Malcolm Stark I do not think there is any point in further comments.

Thank you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Yep, I think we can a draw a line under this now and move on.

Thread closed