Ryan Hall Suspended

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Ryan Hall Suspended

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

rigger wrote:
Kicking a football does not make you a role model
But that's the point : it does specifically do that, because you're in the public eye and thousands of people pay to watch you.
They expect certain standards of behaviour and committment.
You seem to forget, he is not playing...
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
BigLeedsFan72

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

rigger wrote:

NHS nurses aren't allowed to go to the pub in their uniform for that reason. This is exactly the same thing, just writ large.
I want to have sex with a nurse in her uniform, never thought that about a Leeds player...Mute point my friend :crazy:
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Mellor wrote:We employ Diouf. The day we signed him was the day the club ceded the right to the high moral high ground (IMO). I trust he moves on at seasons end.

Hall is disposable. Made a fool of himself on twitter (assuming this is the offence).

Ross is (apparently) essential. Made an even bigger fool of himself on twitter (IMO).

I really hope we are not about to see LUFC enter the world of double standards previously occupied by the likes of Liverpool (Suarez), any club (Barton), England (Shearer) etc.

The club should keep all players off twitter - they all (almost without exception) embarrass themselves and the club at some point.

Young lad sees his dream collapsing and makes stupid remark. He's been tweeting for months. No surprise he said sommat daft in the end.

Hall's done wrong but others have done worse. Ritual hanging to be avoided. Bloke's just collateral damage from a shocking managerial appointment.
If Ryan Hall dreamt of playing for Leeds then you'd think he'd perform and behave a bit better, wouldn't you? I would anyway :D I don't think it's entirely fair to accuse LUFC of trying to take any high moral ground here, it wasn't McDermott who signed him, or Diouf for that matter. I wasn't keen on Diouf signing either but he seems to have at least tried to improve as a person and appears to be valued by the club. At least we haven't signed any players who have killed or grievously assaulted anyone, we still seem to have a bit of decency about us though I agree, Diouf's arrival got me worried.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

BigLeedsFan72 wrote:
rigger wrote:

NHS nurses aren't allowed to go to the pub in their uniform for that reason. This is exactly the same thing, just writ large.
I want to have sex with a nurse in her uniform, never thought that about a Leeds player...Mute point my friend :crazy:
Off topic I know but... why would you want to put on a nurse's uniform to have sex with her?

:lol:
BigLeedsFan72

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
BigLeedsFan72 wrote:
rigger wrote:

Off topic I know but... why would you want to put on a nurse's uniform to have sex with her?

:lol:
Because it feels so good... :oops:
BigLeedsFan72

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

They are such great role models that they wait until they retire to come out of the closett. Because football and society are so understanding. Give me a break :silent:
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

onenorthernsoul wrote:
Mellor wrote:We employ Diouf. The day we signed him was the day the club ceded the right to the high moral high ground (IMO). I trust he moves on at seasons end.

Hall is disposable. Made a fool of himself on twitter (assuming this is the offence).

Ross is (apparently) essential. Made an even bigger fool of himself on twitter (IMO).

I really hope we are not about to see LUFC enter the world of double standards previously occupied by the likes of Liverpool (Suarez), any club (Barton), England (Shearer) etc.

The club should keep all players off twitter - they all (almost without exception) embarrass themselves and the club at some point.

Young lad sees his dream collapsing and makes stupid remark. He's been tweeting for months. No surprise he said sommat daft in the end.

Hall's done wrong but others have done worse. Ritual hanging to be avoided. Bloke's just collateral damage from a shocking managerial appointment.
If Ryan Hall dreamt of playing for Leeds then you'd think he'd perform and behave a bit better, wouldn't you? I would anyway :D I don't think it's entirely fair to accuse LUFC of trying to take any high moral ground here, it wasn't McDermott who signed him, or Diouf for that matter. I wasn't keen on Diouf signing either but he seems to have at least tried to improve as a person and appears to be valued by the club. At least we haven't signed any players who have killed or grievously assaulted anyone, we still seem to have a bit of decency about us though I agree, Diouf's arrival got me worried.
I doubt he can perform better. His one good game v Hudds was strange. He had two assists from memory but his general play was poor. He will not look great in training would be my guess.

I believe someone must have had a quiet word with Ross about his ridiculous tweets. I'm sure none of us expect to see our 'star' player brawling on twitter. Couldn't someone have had a quiet word with Hall? Did it need to be brought to a head in public, in this way? I fear an attempt to move Hall out on the cheap although everyone's favourite gambler will no doubt turn up to represent him as the whole thing turns sour. Hope it dies a quick, quiet death tbh.

As for footballers as role models. If anyone doubts the impact of even minor stars I give you mini Diouf. Football at its lowest ebb.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

BigLeedsFan72 wrote:They are such great role models that they wait until they retire to come out of the closett. Because football and society are so understanding. Give me a break :silent:
To be honest i dont think its the people they are working with that is stopping players from coming out of the clossett. i think its more of the worry that the fans of opposing sides or maybe even your own to that matter would be chanting/abusing.
I dont think there fellow players could give a rats what they like to do behind closed doors i know i certainly wouldnt.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Can't agree with that first line. Warnock employed Diouf after a long chat when both parties appologised for previous words and actions. It is a bit like saying you should never employ a convicted criminal once he has served his sentence! Everyone deserves a second chance once the price is paid. Diouf was also a great player for us last year and may well be again if given the opportunity. Sure, he has made the odd miscalculation while with us - the infamous "man handling" springs to mind. But even so. If someone is constant trouble you do have to let them go and there are transgressions that are unforgiveable (drug taking in sport) but on Diouf I think he was well worth his second chnce
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

To be fair, when comparing McCormack and Hall's tweets, McCormack just gets into fights on twitter because people insult the team and their performance (and then he starts insulting people who don't go to matches, bit uncalled for - I have detailed match reports from fellow forum members), while Hall's made a dig at the club - stating at least when he's not playing, at least he's still getting 'payed' - or was.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."