Ryan Hall Suspended

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Ryan Hall Suspended

Post by SMorientes »

USA for Leeds wrote:Sounds like he won't be getting payed after all.
:lol:
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

He's a daft lad, basically all footballers have to do is knuckle down and try once in a while to appreciate they playing a game for a living. And not only making a living, but making a very healthy amount of cash in the process.

If it was me in charge, I'd bring back the 'Grayson rule' and ban twitter, nothing much good comes of footballers voicing their opinions when they don't have a responsible adult around to police their actions.
SMorientes

Post by SMorientes »

In all fairness, you may say he plays a game for a living, but he's frustrated that he currently is doing next to nothing for a living. Sure he probably isn't having the accompanying financial difficulties, but he may be feeling something akin to the lethargy and malaise of long-term unemployment. Don't get me wrong I think his attitude is poor, but I would be pretty irritated myself if I were a footballer who never got to play a match.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
dangermouse
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by dangermouse »

It was a stupid thing for Hall to do, but like Smorientes said it is probably borne out of frustration more than anything. He hasn't really got much of a chance and I'm sure it is getting to him. It's clear he isn't wanted and the club have jumped on this and suspended him, probably hoping it is a move closer to pushing him out the door and saving money paying him. I'm not convinced the punishment fits the crime. If one of our more established players made a stupid remark on Twitter or worse, I wonder would they be suspended? On saying that I think it would best for all parties if Hall got fixed up with a move to another club. He was another in a long list of cheap speculative signings that hasn't worked out.
Nic

Post by Nic »

Whilst I can understand how frustrated he is, and the fact that it is a case of double-standards with reference to if a squad player did something similar, it is a pretty stupid act. Is he not aware of the club's wage limitations that frustrated the summer transfer, and so would face backlash from fans?

Having dropped to league 1 on loan and still failing to impress there probably means he is suffering a lack of confidence too. Probably needs to think whether he wants regular football, elsewhere, or sit on wages. Not sure the club could get rid of him for a tweet, maybe fine him, but sacking would be risky.
isrodger
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by isrodger »

Don't really get the outrage over this - most footballers are c-cks lets face it, lad must be a bit frustrated & quite frankly we don't know what others have tweeted to him. On reflection - not really in favour of players having access to an instant mouth piece, which works significantly faster than their brains.
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

To be fair, he has complained about not playing and this stems from that. He seems to feel he hasn't been treated fairly and is taking a swipe. Granted its stupid and will only cause people above him to overlook him permanently, but he is probably too inexperienced to realise this.
BigLeedsFan72
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by BigLeedsFan72 »

If he is upset at not playing. Why not try harder and then call the boss a twat. That way he gave his all and called it like he sees it. If he gets the sack it frees him up to look elsewhere.

I know teachers who say and do a lot worse on social media and get away with it. I personally think teaching is a more important career path than kicking a ball around. The double standards so many buy into is a black mark on how we are going in the first world, not to mention movie stars, rock legends, politicians, judges, Royals... FFS give the poor old footballers a break.

Kicking a football does not make you a role model (even though society expects you to be one) it just makes you good at football and if you are not getting time on the pitch then by all means complain as long and as loud as you can.

Never rated the guy but I would vote for him if he was a pollie... :D
"Be like water my friend" Bruce Lee
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Kicking a football does not make you a role model
But that's the point : it does specifically do that, because you're in the public eye and thousands of people pay to watch you.
They expect certain standards of behaviour and committment.

Not only that, as an employee of Leeds United AFC, the players are also representing that organisation every time they come into contact with anyone and through whatever means ...

NHS nurses aren't allowed to go to the pub in their uniform for that reason. This is exactly the same thing, just writ large.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

We employ Diouf. The day we signed him was the day the club ceded the right to the high moral high ground (IMO). I trust he moves on at seasons end.

Hall is disposable. Made a fool of himself on twitter (assuming this is the offence).

Ross is (apparently) essential. Made an even bigger fool of himself on twitter (IMO).

I really hope we are not about to see LUFC enter the world of double standards previously occupied by the likes of Liverpool (Suarez), any club (Barton), England (Shearer) etc.

The club should keep all players off twitter - they all (almost without exception) embarrass themselves and the club at some point.

Young lad sees his dream collapsing and makes stupid remark. He's been tweeting for months. No surprise he said sommat daft in the end.

Hall's done wrong but others have done worse. Ritual hanging to be avoided. Bloke's just collateral damage from a shocking managerial appointment.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente