Leeds sign Dexter Blackstock on loan

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
saintjimmy
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Leeds sign Dexter Blackstock on loan

Post by saintjimmy »

Think he could be useful to have around as not all defences will be as bad as Brum's last week so he does give us another option in that
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

SiMamu wrote:Sorry for doubting you, just wasn't sure if you were just telling me what you expected.
Well it was what I expected: he's a striker; we didn't have an occupant of the number nine shirt; BMc has always said he wants his loanees to become permanent if possible.... and I was obviously a bit more observant when the training photos were issued :D so I knew it to be true by the time I posted the reply :thumbup:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Pecky10 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Sorry for doubting you, just wasn't sure if you were just telling me what you expected.
Well it was what I expected: he's a striker; we didn't have an occupant of the number nine shirt; BMc has always said he wants his loanees to become permanent if possible.... and I was obviously a bit more observant when the training photos were issued :D so I knew it to be true by the time I posted the reply :thumbup:
To be fair, I had seen him in a training jersey with '38' on it so I was stumped.
Morison is, technically, the occupant of the number '9' as he is still contracted to the club.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

I don't think Morison was given a squad number this year, had 9 after signing last year but didn't get to keep it after the summer.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

SMorientes wrote:I don't think Morison was given a squad number this year, had 9 after signing last year but didn't get to keep it after the summer.
Fair enough.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Otherworld
Billy Bremner's barbed-wire salesman

Post by Otherworld »

SMorientes wrote:I don't think Morison was given a squad number this year, had 9 after signing last year but didn't get to keep it after the summer.
He wasn't fit to wear it, anyway. :wave:
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

striker is only as good as his service, Morison was feeding off scraps most of last season, not defending him still think he was poor
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Can't say i know a lot about Blackstock. Seems to me he isn't the out-and-out goalscorer many wanted, but more like a replacement for both Hunt and Poleon who haven't perform to their potential. Time will tell, i wish him luck!
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Goal for Blackstock on his debut as a sub, let's hope it's the first of many.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

Nesslin wrote:Can't say i know a lot about Blackstock. Seems to me he isn't the out-and-out goalscorer many wanted, but more like a replacement for both Hunt and Poleon who haven't perform to their potential. Time will tell, i wish him luck!
I really hope they drop McCormack for DB. In the few minutes he was on the pitch he gave us more than Ross did in a whole game.