Leeds sign Dexter Blackstock on loan

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Leeds sign Dexter Blackstock on loan

Post by Aces »

SMorientes wrote:
Danny wrote:
SMorientes wrote:
I actually was expecting him to be good in the air. From the videos on youtube he seems to score loads of headers. The video of his goals at qpr is 75% headed goals.
Somewhere up the M1 between London and Nottingham he must've misplaced his heading ability. When he goes up for a header it's pot luck as to where the ball will end up. Not having seen much of him prior to him signing for us I was expecting him to be a bit of a target man due to his size but truth be told he's better with the ball at his feet, at least for us anyway. It's not that he's terrible with his head but he's not as good as you might expect a forward who's over 6 feet tall might be. That may have something to do with the fact that we've had a paucity of wingers during his time at the club. He was at his best when playing alongside another forward too, particularly Robert Earnshaw.
paucity - great word
Sounds like Bradford. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

johnh wrote:Following his good performance against Birmingham, I hope Matt Smith gets a fair run in the team before Blackstock is used.
Matt Smith was my MOTM v Brum
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Does not set my pulse racing but its a loan and you never know.............. :think:
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
USA for Leeds
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by USA for Leeds »

1964white wrote:
johnh wrote:Following his good performance against Birmingham, I hope Matt Smith gets a fair run in the team before Blackstock is used.
Matt Smith was my MOTM v Brum
He's young yet though. It is likely that he is not going to deliver consistent quality just yet. I like this signing because it's a loan. Blackstock can pitch in while Smith continued to develop. Any Poleon also. Next season I think Poleon, Smith and Ross will be quite good. Just not quite yet.
Deleted User 2299

Post by Deleted User 2299 »

Mr Russell wrote:Does not set my pulse racing but its a loan and you never know.............. :think:

Took the words out of my mouth....
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

I'm not going to say the signing has got me giddy kipperish, but Blacktock gives us some more options, he has pace, can finish and even if he starts a few games on the bench, its someone to bring on who can change things and inject some pace.
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

SiMamu wrote:Ah, just seen a picture of him with '9' on his shorts.
Imagine that ;) :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Hope the lad does well but if memory serves me correctly the Forest fans didn't rate him that highly.
Winner of the Europa League
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

i did a little bit of research on a forest forum earlier this morning (what better way to spend my working time) and the view from most forest fans is that they would rathe rhave shipped out Derbyshire or Cox and give Dexter a go but davies just doesnt rate him for whatever reason.
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Pecky10 wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Ah, just seen a picture of him with '9' on his shorts.
Imagine that ;) :D
Sorry for doubting you, just wasn't sure if you were just telling me what you expected.

Here's a picture of his shirt, haven't attached it because it comes out massive on the site.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXawm3lIcAA7VJ7.jpg
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."