Stuart Dallas

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 728

Stuart Dallas

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Nice to hear him talk so passionately about Norn Iron on TV today.
He seems a grounded and intelligent fella to me .. as well as one of our best players.

I know some people don't really rate him, but I think he's pretty consistent for a winger - especially at our level - and I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes in for him following his performances and generally higher profile during the Euros.

Strikes me he's the kind of guy who should be playing week in, week out, forging a partnership with Wood in the attack seeing as he's the obvious supply line to the big man.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Stuart Dallas

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:Nice to hear him talk so passionately about Norn Iron on TV today.
He seems a grounded and intelligent fella to me .. as well as one of our best players.

I know some people don't really rate him, but I think he's pretty consistent for a winger - especially at our level - and I wouldn't be surprised if someone comes in for him following his performances and generally higher profile during the Euros.

Strikes me he's the kind of guy who should be playing week in, week out, forging a partnership with Wood in the attack seeing as he's the obvious supply line to the big man.
Agree with you a decent wiinger and can play either side of the pitch. I like him works for the team and think we have more to come. Also not afraid to have a shot at goal.

If we are going to play 4231 formation we need one winger of his type (high work rate) and the other more direct, pacy and tricky (a improved or better version of Botaka).
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Selby White wrote:
rigger wrote:Nice to hear him talk so passionately about Norn Iron on TV today.

Agree with you a decent wiinger and can play either side of the pitch. I like him works for the team and think we have more to come. Also not afraid to have a shot at goal.

If we are going to play 4231 formation we need one winger of his type (high work rate) and the other more direct, pacy and tricky (a improved or better version of Botaka).
Always thought (and not biased) that he should be one of the first on the team sheet. Good engine can cross a decent ball and as SW said he has a decent shot on him, it was his attempt against Ukraine that lead to Norn Iorns 2nd.

Sorry I missed him on TV. My partners young fella knows quite a few who know SD and yes hes a very nice grounded guy.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

He's got more in his armory than we saw last season I reckon, always put a shift in but I suspect he's not really a typical winger.
Gilford_NI_Whites
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Gilford_NI_Whites »

I think he is underrated for us. He is one of the few who will pick the ball up and run at the defence. Hopefully Monk can develop that and create a better outlet for us.

His form dipped a bit towards the end of the season, but he was carrying a niggle and SE was resting him prior to the euros.

He was putting in good crosses last season and if we had somebody who could actually head a ball, he may have had more assists.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Dallas was poor at times, regularly subbed and generally looked like a player acclimatising to a new club whilst playing for managers who couldn't decide how best to deploy him - easy to forget Rossler out tinkered the tinkerman. Dallas always gives 100% but to date he's done nothing to get misty eyed about.

Hope he comes good. He's clearly a 'team player' which is a great start for any footballer. He needs to find greater consistency next season. He had great moments. There were too few of those 15/16.

Impossible not to like him, strangely. A bit like Hughes in some ways.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I'll not forget that day waiting for the coach to arrive outside the KC stadium; Dallas was the only player to come across to see the waiting fans and the other lads and lasses that regularly greet the coach and wait after the away games too all said how Dallas was a really nice fella who always has time for the fans. I felt he was often not given the praise he deserved last season - his work rate was usually phenomanal and he worked his socks off going back and forth when we were under the cosh. His best game in that resopect was almost single handedly keeping us in the game at Wolves during a torrid first half!
Deleted User 728

Listening to talkSPORT's commentary of the Norn Iron v Germany game before getting back to watch it on TV and I heard the immortal words "Dallas nutmegging Thomas Muller there" :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Getting a bit of a bromance with Dallas ( ala BB and Berardi ) thought he had another solid game though tired towards the end
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

He's really well regarded by the media both on TV and radio. I'm talking about him as a player, not as a media-friendly personality.
They praised him for his defensive workrate today :)