Pontus Jansson

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Pontus Jansson

Post by PockWhite »

Mellor wrote:We've just beat
I'm surprised and disappointed at this from an old timer like your good self Mr M! :o

beaten!! ;)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

PockWhite wrote:
Mellor wrote:We've just beat
I'm surprised and disappointed at this from an old timer like your good self Mr M! :o

beaten!! ;)
Reminds me of the old joke. difference - egg - beat etc but I wont
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Early days but I love Pontus! After the first goal today he was fist pumping to us in the crowd and imploring us to sing up even more. On the pitch he is a giant and it is usually his head that gets to any ball into the heart of our box. The combination is superb too as Bartley is all cool and calmness while Pontus is all agression and passion. I cannot remember a better combination in recent years.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

First game I've seen him play and he looks a very good prospect, question will be can he continue it for a full season?
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

Mellor wrote:We've just beat the 2 worst teams in the league. I like our big Swede as much as the next man but do we need to catapult everyone into legendary status or bin them on the basis of 2/3 games?

People were purring about his 5 headers on the bounce v Rovers. Round me we were discussing 50pence head - ball never went where it should.

Time and patience.
Agreed. Perspective gets lost too easily I think. We lose 1-0 to Hudddersfield and we're relegation candidates, we win two straightforward games and everything is rosy and play offs beckon. Amazing the power of the feel good factor. People are even saying Wood played well at Cardiff. Come on now. Jansson has had two good games and looks a really good prospect. Zaliukas and Bamba began their Leeds careers in similar fashion though. I'm confident things will turn out better with him but will wait another 6-10 games or so before believing he's the real deal. For all his tenacity and strength, lack of pace could be a problem against quick forwards. Not wanting to put a downer on things, just urging a little caution.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

What worries me is the fact they're loanees.

How many times have players looked great while still technically the property of another club despite turning out for us, only to be very, very ordinary once they sign a permanent contract ?
Malmo
Jock Stein's Brasso dealer

Post by Malmo »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Is he the best defender we have had since the Premiership ? Immense today was well impressed. Loved Paddy Kisnorbo but this lad is excellent. We had a new member Malmo who said we would love him, well Malmo he has a fan here ;)
:wave:

He's a great player and very likeable, so it wasn't a bold statement by me. His passion for the game and the club he's in is what I love the most. It's like having a supporter that also happens to be a great defender on the field.

rigger:
Don't worry, if there's one player that will always give 100 % no matter what it's this guy.
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Oh Pontus Jansson's magic,
He wears a magic hat,
And if you throw a brick at him
He heads the f****r back....
He heads them to the left
He heads them to the right
And if we win promotion...
We'll sing this song all night!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dlw10 wrote:Early days but I love Pontus! After the first goal today he was fist pumping to us in the crowd and imploring us to sing up even more. On the pitch he is a giant and it is usually his head that gets to any ball into the heart of our box. The combination is superb too as Bartley is all cool and calmness while Pontus is all agression and passion. I cannot remember a better combination in recent years.
Pontus the pilot, love him

Best CB pairing since we dropped out of the prem
1964white

Post by 1964white »

dlw10 wrote:Oh Pontus Jansson's magic,
He wears a magic hat,
And if you throw a brick at him
He heads the f****r back....
He heads them to the left
He heads them to the right