LUST confirm supporters investment plans

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
DaveH
Brian McDermott's optician

Re: LUST confirm supporters investment plans

Post by DaveH »

Sorry I have to say, very unprofessional LUST saying these things, whether true or not, I take it they are in communication with GFH, why not just keep quiet until something concrete to release, little snippets via twitter seems very childish and does not fill me with confidence.
If they are putting some kind of financial package together then fantastic but there are proper ways to do this and to present to fans in a proper way rather than little bit of info through the media etc.
We have had plenty of recent history of false dawns and feeding the media bits and pieces, leaving us as fans to 2nd guess. If the full facts are ready to be released then do so, if they not, then keep quiet until you are ready and please nothing through twitter.
dlw10
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by dlw10 »

I would think that the evidence this time round suggests that LUST are definitely NOT speaking to GFH on this issue - that would seem to be what can be deduced from GFHs response in the link posted above. I am uncomfortable with the way LUST operate too, but more because as usual the fan base is split - there are LUST members, Supporters Club members, Fans holding STs and memberships who are not in either, and of course many genuine 'fans' not in any of those categories. I would love it (not in a Kevin Keegan way) if LUST and the Supporters Club could get together and then perhaps try to get all Leeds fans in one supporters body. Then I would contemplate putting money into a share purchase scheme. As always with Leeds these latest rumours are so confused - is the LUST discussion the same as the Radebe/Pearson investment or different? It's not clear - the reports about the Consortium talk about £7m and a takeover while LUST were talking about a £2m plus matching £2m (although not specifying where that came from!!!!) purchase of shares to create a supporters voice on the board. Then the only official response (from GFH) seems to deny any contact from either of the rumoured contenders!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

David Haigh attended the LUST meeting last night, now that is progress we would never have seen this during the Bates regime.
Winner of the Europa League
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Do we know what went on ? What was discussed etc?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Nothing at the moment I'm certain there will be an email sometime today on the subject. All questions on finance,Bates,contracts anything legal and financial were ruled out from the off evidently, which is hardly surprising to be honest.
Morphoolu
Major Frank Buckley's monkey gland expert

Post by Morphoolu »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Nothing at the moment I'm certain there will be an email sometime today on the subject. All questions on finance,Bates,contracts anything legal and financial were ruled out from the off evidently, which is hardly surprising to be honest.
Excellent, that will have left loads of time to talk about the important stuff like:
- Which player will be next to pose with a Flamingo?
- Which Flamingo will be next to pose with a player?
- Of all the Flamingoes ever featured on the OS, which was the best looking / best paid.... :roll:
Oh the hokey cokey, oh the hokey cokey, you put your left leg in...
Pecky10
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Pecky10 »

Morphoolu wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Nothing at the moment I'm certain there will be an email sometime today on the subject. All questions on finance,Bates,contracts anything legal and financial were ruled out from the off evidently, which is hardly surprising to be honest.
Excellent, that will have left loads of time to talk about the important stuff like:
- Which player will be next to pose with a Flamingo?
- Which Flamingo will be next to pose with a player?
- Of all the Flamingoes ever featured on the OS, which was the best looking / best paid.... :roll:
The Trust last night tweeted that Bates questions were off limits for legal reasons.... Nothing else mentioned.

Seemed sensible to me :thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Latest from LUST

By now, the board of the Trust had hoped to be able to share with our members, as promised, the full story of the events of 2012 as they happened.
Before we can do this, we need to be sure that everyone involved has completed their business, and that there can be no repercussions for anyone involved from telling our story.
During this past autumn we began working in earnest with our friends at The Square Ball to tell the story through the medium of a free to all podcast, with the aim of having this ready before Christmas.
As most of you will be aware, however, various legal actions began late last year between several of the people involved in the takeover process of 2012, due to disputes arising from that process.
We have sought legal opinion and been advised that our plans for the podcast should be put on hold, at least until these cases have progressed through the courts and been concluded.
We realise that this will disappoint many of our members, and we can only apologise for that, but we hope you will all understand why this has to be our position for the time being.
Many thanks for your continued support.
Gary Cooper
Chairman, Leeds United Supporters Trust
dlw10

Post by dlw10 »

Could we not have a separate topic just for LUST or change the title of this one. I just saw the Investment bit and dived in here thinking something was happening and it was just a LUST statement on when they will tell their tale on the events of 2012.
jjrgreeney
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by jjrgreeney »

dlw10 wrote:Could we not have a separate topic just for LUST or change the title of this one. I just saw the Investment bit and dived in here thinking something was happening and it was just a LUST statement on when they will tell their tale on the events of 2012.
I agree I jumped in here waiting to be amazed
Football is my religion and Elland Road is my church.