Most hated

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Most hated

Post by Mellor »

Surprised this hasn't popped up on here - apologies if I've missed it.

Durham is a troll of course but nice to see the quality of Revie's Leeds acknowledged amongst the hate. Might have been helpful if the damage done by Tinkler and Burns had been acknowledged, interesting nonetheless.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... senal.html
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Lee
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Most hated

Post by Lee »

I don't mind Durham tbh. Yes he can make sweeping statements that get's certain fans backs up. Daily Arsenal etc. But he's paid to to get people to ring in so he goes for the easy targets. Leeds fans being one of them. The one thing I like about him is he actually knows his stuff. A real statto. he can always back up his argument with facts and not just hearsay.

Don't get me wrong, some days he can say something that has me shouting at the radio. But rather him than that poncing Brazil talking about which free dinner or event he's off to today.
July 26th 2013. The day Leeds United rid themselves of an odious git.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Only Hawksby and Jacobs do it for me.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Durham is a stupid person. Remember the Sheffield Wednesday unpleasantness? He dedicated a whole show to how Leeds fans were scum and should be banned. I e-mailed several times to ask his views on the Huddersfield Town fans who punched Alan Smith or the Millwall fans who assaulted Casper Ankergren. Amazingly no response.
Costy
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Costy »

In all fairness, what he has written about us is probably fairly accurate and reflects a lot of people from that era's opinion's of Leeds (non Leeds fans of course).
I like nearly all the talksport presenters for different reasons: Durham does say a lot of things to wind people up but as has been said, he does that on purpose to get listeners, and he's very good at it. When he talks actual football he talks quite a lot of sense for me. I also think Alan Brazil with his talk of lunches and corporate do's is on a bit of a wind up - he's in a nice, privileged position and he's having a bit of crack about it. He doesn't speak about the game particularly well but he's entertaining to listen to. Quinny's a good laugh but I like Paul Hawksbee best, he is hilarious in an understated, quiet sort of way. About the only one who is poor if you ask me is Mark Saggers - total drivel pours out of his mouth all the time. Regularly makes a fool of himself.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

A lot of what he says about us was actually complimentary IMO. I think most of the comments about all the teams is pretty accurate as well. For our younger members who probably don't know this, Liverpool were once the best team not only in the UK, but also Europe, but ..... That was in the last century though. Lol
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 1076

Post by Deleted User 1076 »

Let's see if Durham has a show about banning Swindon fans after Saturdays events.