Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Deleted User 496

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by Deleted User 496 »

Mr Russell wrote:2 ex-Leeds players scored doubles last night (my time)

Mirko Antenucci scored twice in a 2-5 home loss to Lazio in the Serie A whilst over here in Australia Ross McCormack scored a double as Melbourne City came from behind to beat Wellington Phoenix 2-1 Ross would also get MOM for his performance and it looks as if Melbourne are asking Aston Villa if they can keep him till the end of the season, he has 10 goals for the season.
Maybe we could take him back
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Fleetwood confirm they have signed Toumani Diagouraga aka Dave
Winner of the Europa League
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

A piece about Neil Redfearn taking over at Doncaster Belles:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42637167
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Just been on Sky and they have suggested that Gary Speed one of four men to have taken their lives who were coached by Paedophile Barry Bennell early in their career.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Just been on Sky and they have suggested that Gary Speed one of four men to have taken their lives who were coached by Paedophile Barry Bennell early in their career.
Jesus.
That's so sad.

The **** has pleaded not guilty too, hasn't he ?

I've never been one for the death penalty but some cases have really made me question that view, usually paedophiles.

It comes back to the question of whether people - not just criminals - can be rehabilitated and "cured" of their tendency, whatever it is.
Many have tried it down the years with electroshock therapy, lobotomies and these days it's more likely to be CBT, but if that's the way you're wired there's not much you can do about it, is there, other than lock them away to protect the rest of society ?
Deleted User 3289

Yeah I believe he has accused one of his victims (I know) of jumping on the band wagon so he can claim compensation. I would say that there is so many victims, Bennell would have lost count many years ago. I believe they use chemical castration in the states and will soon be available here on the NHS. I'm up for anything that stops a paedophile ruining a child's life.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The electroshock therapy used in the US of A has a 100% success rate in eliminating re-offending. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

johnh wrote:The electroshock therapy used in the US of A has a 100% success rate in eliminating re-offending. :shock:
I'm sure i overheard Davy say he had just the chair for the job. :D
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:I believe they use chemical castration in the states and will soon be available here on the NHS. I'm up for anything that stops a paedophile ruining a child's life.
I just realised I didn't know anything about the procedure and I wondered whether the drive would be inhibited without the organs being removed. According to Wiki, that's actually the point so why isn't this mandatory for any repeat-offence paedophiles, especially when it's reversible, albeit with the chance there'll be some slight, lingering side effects.
Boo-hoo for them, eh ? :wtf:
When used on men, these drugs can reduce sex drive, compulsive sexual fantasies, and capacity for sexual arousal. Life-threatening side effects are rare, but some users show increases in body fat and reduced bone density, which increase long-term risk of cardiovascular disease and osteoporosis. They may also experience gynecomastia (development of larger than normal mammary glands in males) as seen in Alan Turing's case.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
johnh wrote:The electroshock therapy used in the US of A has a 100% success rate in eliminating re-offending. :shock:
I'm sure i overheard Davy say he had just the chair for the job. :D
Yeah, an unused Christmas pressie for the dragon-in-law
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders