Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

Looks like Chris Wood to Newcastle from Burnley, the Geordies triggered a release clause in his contract, so Burnley no choice but to sell to a relegation rival - ouch!
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Looks like Chris Wood to Newcastle from Burnley, the Geordies triggered a release clause in his contract, so Burnley no choice but to sell to a relegation rival - ouch!
Hopefully we have a sell on clause. :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

CheeznOnionPasty wrote:Looks like Chris Wood to Newcastle from Burnley, the Geordies triggered a release clause in his contract, so Burnley no choice but to sell to a relegation rival - ouch!
Heard a podcast talking about Burnley fans. In general, their not happy with Wood, so they'll be pleased with £20+m and no choice but to start Cornet up front every match.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk white wrote:
Heard a podcast talking about Burnley fans. In general, their not happy with Wood, so they'll be pleased with £20+m and no choice but to start Cornet up front every match.
I wonder if all Burnley fans are in agreement with that, as he's been one of their best players without a doubt. I'm sure they'll love reading 'plus £20million' in their accounts rather than 'bottom 3' in the league table. Just my opinion :D
kk white

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
kk white wrote:
I wonder if all Burnley fans are in agreement with that, as he's been one of their best players without a doubt. I'm sure they'll love reading 'plus £20million' in their accounts rather than 'bottom 3' in the league table. Just my opinion :D
Just what I heard, I'm not speaking for them.

Wood has 3 goals in 18 appearances this season.
Cornet has 6 in 11.
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white

Post by kk white »

kk white wrote:
kk white wrote:
Just what I heard, I'm not speaking for them. As said above, in general.

Cornet has 6 in 11.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

kk white wrote:
kk white wrote:

Cornet has 6 in 11.
Not interrogating you, was just responding to your post - they're completely different players, Cornet is exciting while Wood is a target man, comparing their stats isn't much use to this sort of situation.
kk white

Post by kk white »

kk white wrote:
kk white wrote:

Cornet has 6 in 11.
Not interrogating you, was just responding to your post - they're completely different players, Cornet is exciting while Wood is a target man, comparing their stats isn't much use to this sort of situation.
Eh, ok ANS, didn't mean to come across as argumentative :thumbup:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

kk white wrote:
kk white wrote:
kk white wrote:

Cornet has 6 in 11.
Eh, ok ANS, didn't mean to come across as argumentative :thumbup:
Same here :thumbup:
CheeznOnionPasty
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by CheeznOnionPasty »

I think you're right to point out that there's probably sentiment amongst Burnley fans that Cornet > Wood, so take the $20m and run - I also think our experience with injuries this year highlights the danger in that approach! If Cornet gets injured Burnley will be up the proverbial creek without any paddles.