Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Here’s one out of the left-field - former Leeds United left-back Aidy White has signed for Hearts.

The 27-year-old has not played since 2017, but Hearts boss Craig Levein has said he believes he can become a key player for him.

“We’ve been in dialogue with Aidy for a year and feel that now is the right time to bring him in,” he said.

“He’s got a lot of work to do in order to reach the level we think he’s capable of but I’m confident he can fulfil his potential and prove to be a vital cog in the wheel as we look towards the future.”
Daz5
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by Daz5 »

Wow remember Aidy White , very fast and direct , thought he was going to be good but never kicked on
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Maxi's found his perfect club in Toulouse and is lighting up Ligue Un : https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... ns-ligue-1
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I was down at the ground renewing my season ticket yesterday, and saw Brian Deane coming it of the East Stand.

I appreciate I’m only 5ft 7in and only around 12 stone, but blimey he is absolutely huge :shock:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Barlow Boy wrote:I was down at the ground renewing my season ticket yesterday, and saw Brian Deane coming it of the East Stand.

I appreciate I’m only 5ft 7in and only around 12 stone, but blimey he is absolutely huge :shock:
Not being witty or owt, there is a lot more to him 'cerebrally' too mate, and he is a bloody good bloke, very compassionate and interested in the good welfare of young players and the game itself. I've been lucky enough to meet him and interview him as well as get his involvement in a supporters' trust too. Got a lot of time for him even though he's a Blade at heart! :D
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Barlow Boy wrote:I was down at the ground renewing my season ticket yesterday, and saw Brian Deane coming it of the East Stand.

Brian is around 6ft 3in.

I'm 6ft 1in, but have a picture with him from end of season do in 1997 and he looks at least 6 inches taller. Iv'e always remembered it since, the difference between a fit professional sports person standing proud and an embarrassed young man with shoulders hunched :oops:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

kk_white wrote:

Brian is around 6ft 3in.

I'm 6ft 1in, but have a picture with him from end of season do in 1997 and he looks at least 6 inches taller. Iv'e always remembered it since, the difference between a fit professional sports person standing proud and an embarrassed young man with shoulders hunched :oops:
Your name from hereon in is 'Sloucher' mate, I hope that's okay :P

I know some sites etc get the heights of players wrong, almost always saying they're taller than reality but with Deano it seems to be the opposite.
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Your name from hereon in is 'Sloucher' mate, I hope that's okay :P
I've been called a lost worse ANS...
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Gary McAllister attacked in Leeds city centre on saturday night:-

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/news/leeds ... d-16021613
judy
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by judy »

It is unbelievable that a person is attacked whilst waiting for a taxi! I hope Gary recovers quickly and it doesn’t make him avoid visiting Leeds in the future. I also hope the police get the guy.