Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Saxon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by Saxon »

kk white wrote:Aidy left in the summer of 2015, 3 years prior to God's arrival.
What would longtime Liverpool manager Bill Shankly have done if God arrived at Anfield ?
Move St John to inside right.
ok, I'll go to my corner now.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Saxon wrote:
What would longtime Liverpool manager Bill Shankly have done if God arrived at Anfield ?
Move St John to inside right.
ok, I'll go to my corner now.
One of the greatest characters ever in English football. A man respected by nearly everyone. Pals with the Don as well. My first real memories were when he sent the Liverpool players over to applaud us Leeds fans after we won the league at Anfield in 1969. Sadly there’s no real characters left in the modern game. Who’s going to replace him & the likes of Malcolm Allison ?
Winner of the Europa League
PC71
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by PC71 »

Scott Wootten has just signed for Morecambe.
When we signed him, not for anything he did on the pitch, but it felt huge, spending £1M on a player after everything we had gone through.
Shoots of recovery.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

I’ve had a brief walk down Memory Lane towards League One tonight, when Max Gradel was the best player in Turkish team Sivasspor who played Danish team FC Copenhagen in the Conference League. It is nice to be back in the PL, but I still remember the joy of being promoted from League One :)
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

John Dane wrote:I’ve had a brief walk down Memory Lane towards League One tonight, when Max Gradel was the best player in Turkish team Sivasspor who played Danish team FC Copenhagen in the Conference League. It is nice to be back in the PL, but I still remember the joy of being promoted from League One :)
I will never forget it also, I was sober before the game (a rarity then) and I savoured the whole experience. Even when Gradel was sent off and my two mates beside me taking the pee out of me for being so wound up by the incident (AND I said we'd still win ;) ), what a match it was. I rushed home afterwards, got changed and headed into town with my partner to celebrate - Leeds was rammed so we only managed two pubs. The first was the Adelphi and I got a call from a certain LU radio reporter who had been at the match - somehow he was on his own and had no one to celebrate with :shock: , so he finished up at the studio and joined me and 'our lass' for a few beers, and then James Brown walked in with two old mates of mine as well who I didn't even know he knew. Magnificent day, here's to more like it without pandemia spoiling things :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

John Dane wrote:I’ve had a brief walk down Memory Lane towards League One tonight, when Max Gradel was the best player in Turkish team Sivasspor who played Danish team FC Copenhagen in the Conference League. It is nice to be back in the PL, but I still remember the joy of being promoted from League One :)
About 70 of us went into a pub the Hand & Heart in Nottingham city centre where we phoned & placed a drinks order for 47 of us this included several bottles of fizz. Other than us the pub was empty bar a couple drinking half bitters who were sat watching some rugby game. The coach had dropped us outside & the rest arrived by the carload. Half an hour in & the chants started one of the rugby watchers stood up & made his way to the landlady. She came over to me asking if we could tone things down as a couple of customers weren’t happy with the noise. I explained that Leeds had just won promotion & that my group were buying loads of drinks but she wouldn’t have none of it. One of the lads stood on a chair & announced that we were leaving & heading to a pub a couple of doors down. The landlord dashed over to me saying there was clearly a misunderstanding to which I replied there wasn’t. That was the last time I ever set foot in that pub.
The game & the atmosphere was brilliant one of my all time favourite games though it was incredibly tense I always knew we were going to do it. As has being said Max Gradels sending off didn’t help the nerves. Paddy Kisnorbo jumping up & down in the Leeds technical area & Hughes getting carried around the pitch on someone’s shoulders. Yes it was a special day indeed.
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
About 70 of us went into a pub the Hand & Heart in Nottingham city centre where we phoned & placed a drinks order for 47 of us this included several bottles of fizz. Other than us the pub was empty bar a couple drinking half bitters who were sat watching some rugby game. The coach had dropped us outside & the rest arrived by the carload. Half an hour in & the chants started one of the rugby watchers stood up & made his way to the landlady. She came over to me asking if we could tone things down as a couple of customers weren’t happy with the noise. I explained that Leeds had just won promotion & that my group were buying loads of drinks but she wouldn’t have none of it. One of the lads stood on a chair & announced that we were leaving & heading to a pub a couple of doors down. The landlord dashed over to me saying there was clearly a misunderstanding to which I replied there wasn’t. That was the last time I ever set foot in that pub.
The game & the atmosphere was brilliant one of my all time favourite games though it was incredibly tense I always knew we were going to do it. As has being said Max Gradels sending off didn’t help the nerves. Paddy Kisnorbo jumping up & down in the Leeds technical area & Hughes getting carried around the pitch on someone’s shoulders. Yes it was a special day indeed.
What a day indeed. Wa having a BBQ and meant to be looking after needless to say the BBQ was a disaster. I just sat watching Sky Sports Jeff Stelling and Charlie George were going mad..... loved it
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Absolute howler by Kiko Casillas playing for Elche / Atletico Madrid game tonight.

Thank Goodness he is over there and not over here! :lolno: :shock: :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

PhoenixUnited wrote:Absolute howler by Kiko Casillas playing for Elche / Atletico Madrid game tonight.

Thank Goodness he is over there and not over here! :lolno: :shock: :D

https://twitter.com/aiileedsarentwe/sta ... 09377?s=21
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Poveda played until the 60th minute for Blackburn today
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....