Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The Disciplinary Spokesman of the Polish Football Association, Adam Gilarski, informs about the suspension of Paweł Cibicki as a player on the basis of the decision of the Disciplinary Committee of the Swedish Football Association.

The Swedish football federation informed the Disciplinary Commissioner of the Polish Football Association about the decision of the Disciplinary Committee of the Swedish Football Association of February 3, 2021 to temporarily suspend Paweł Cibicki from football matches and all sports activities until the end of the criminal case regarding match-fixing.

The case concerns the receipt of money by Paweł Cibicki for a yellow card in the Swedish league match in the season 2018/2019 Kalmar KK - IF Elfsborg and is not related to his performances on the fields of Ekstraklasa. However, a very serious allegation of a violation of manipulating football matches results in - in the light of the FIFA Disciplinary Code - his liability as a player of Pogoń Szczecin.

https://www.laczynaspilka.pl/federacja/ ... zawodnika1
Winner of the Europa League
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Massimo Cellino hasn't changed since he left us. Brescia on their 5th manager of the season :crazy: , this time Pep Clotet

https://www.football-italia.net/165893/ ... int-clotet
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Stolen from elsewhere

McQueen diagnosed with vascular dementia.
Fair play he says he has no regrets and lived life to the full and enjoyed everything that being a footballer brought him.Obviously believes heading footballs is the cause.
We now live in risk averse times and there is an established link between heading and dementia. I dont think the rules should be changed to ban heading. If you know the risks its an informed choice. Having said that you would not wish dementia on anybody, not even a traitor who left us to join scum. Poor chap.

Good luck Gordon. I remember him attending the annual dinner of Scarborough Supporters Club annual dinner back in 1972. I sat next to him that night & from memory enjoyed his company. Sad to see yet another ex player with this awful disease.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote: We now live in risk averse times and there is an established link between heading and dementia. I dont think the rules should be changed to ban heading. If you know the risks its an informed choice.
I was listening to Hawskbee and Jacobs' podcast the other day and they spoke to an American sports scientist who thinks he's found the solution : just deflate the balls a wee bit.
I know it sounds so simple as to be daft but if you listen to the interview, the guy clearly knows his stuff as he's worked on concussion for years, mainly in gridiron, over there.
He explained that the PSI recommended by the manufacturers of the balls is lower than that allowed by FIFA and that most clubs and leagues pump them up to the maximum allowed. He said just allowing a fraction less pressure massively reduces head trauma - and quoted some figures to back this up - and if the sport adopted the changes by the time a pre-season of training with the "new" balls had taken place, nobody but the best pro's would notice much difference and they'd easily adapt their game slightly to allow for the changes.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

Upset to hear the news about Gordon McQueen, one of my heroes as a kid.

I've always thought we would have won the European Cup had McQueen been able to play that night in Paris. Either way, I was gutted when he went to Man U, although he was never quite the same after he did his knee I thought, not long after joining them.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

JFH doing a storming job at Burton.
I couldn't even find Burton at first glance cos I was looking right at the bottom.
So pleased, as Burton is just down the road from me and much nicer than Derby.
Keep up the good work JFH.
BrighouseWhite
David O'Leary's baby-sitter

Post by BrighouseWhite »

Kemar Roofe sent off for Rangers tonight after lifting his foot to head height and putting his studs straight into the keeper's face. Shocking challenge and probably the worst you'll see this season.
There's light at the end of the tunnel and the future's looking very bright indeed.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Tom Lees released by Wednesday after seven years at Hillsborough

Also Izzy Brown going back to Chelsea
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Just read Southampton released Ben White as a 16 year-old.

They got to be kicking themselves......
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....