Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by Sniffer »

Another Northern Soul wrote:It's nowt like Dylan Kerr, lads :D

It's Chris O'Donnell, I believe
Yes, just before his film career took off.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Sniffer wrote:

:D

And then his film career fell off when he was Robin in Batman & Robin :P
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
Sniffer wrote:

:D

And then his film career fell off when he was Robin in Batman & Robin :P

There are a few footballers who have had a dual existence. The most famous one down here is Chris Martin of Bristol City and Coldplay.
Westminster
Brian McDermott's optician

Post by Westminster »

TBH, I can't remember what Dylan Kerr looked like but he must have joined the club around the same time as Vinnie Jones et al. Mind you, I can't recall seeing Chris O'Donnell play for us either and I was going to a lot of matches around that time.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Westminster wrote:

TBH, I can't remember what Dylan Kerr looked like but he must have joined the club around the same time as Vinnie Jones et al. Mind you, I can't recall seeing Chris O'Donnell play for us either and I was going to a lot of matches around that time.
O'donnell only made 1 appearance from the bench, possibly least number of minutes of any player in our history.
Dylan Kerr didn't play too many either but is currently manager of Moraka Swallows in South African premier division.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Westminster wrote:

Understandable, mate. Also, in colour photos C o'D stands out as he's a redhead :D

Nice bloke is DK, still loves the club. No idea what happened to O'Donnell other than wearing tights with George Clooney :P
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

From the Cellino dark times one player who he signed I liked was Mirco Antenucci and he always seemed to be played wide or off the bench when he looked a natural scorer to me.

Well although he's now 37 years old he is still producing the goods averaging a goal every other game (17 in 34 games) in the Italian 3rd tier.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Caught the end of the Sunderland v Wednesday 2nd leg - Jack Clarke still has a nice touch or two at times - Yet looks like he is not a 90 min player for some reason - But still nice to see him set up the winner last night
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

guitarmark wrote:Caught the end of the Sunderland v Wednesday 2nd leg - Jack Clarke still has a nice touch or two at times - Yet looks like he is not a 90 min player for some reason - But still nice to see him set up the winner last night
He was their best player I thought, GM, right til the end and the set-up of their equaliser. You know what, if they get promoted then I think he still has a good future. As it stands, he's a Div 3 Grealish :P I don't mean that as an insult TBF. he looked on form and interested, maybe he's not been like that for a while, maybe he's a 'big game' player but he looked good to me.
guitarmark
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by guitarmark »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
guitarmark wrote:Caught the end of the Sunderland v Wednesday 2nd leg - Jack Clarke still has a nice touch or two at times - Yet looks like he is not a 90 min player for some reason - But still nice to see him set up the winner last night
He was their best player I thought, GM, right til the end and the set-up of their equaliser. You know what, if they get promoted then I think he still has a good future. As it stands, he's a Div 3 Grealish :P I don't mean that as an insult TBF. he looked on form and interested, maybe he's not been like that for a while, maybe he's a 'big game' player but he looked good to me.
I didn't see the whole game - Of either leg - But often I like to keep an eye on some of our old lads - In a way he reminds me of a 'poor man's Chris Waddle - Both always looked knackered and don't look like they have 90 mins in them - Both have no pace - But they can destroy you in an instance at times - I'm glad he appears to be getting good game time - He ain't going to make it at Spurs - He was hit n miss at Stoke - So need's to find some game time and some love from somewhere - Just an observation last night, but when he set up the cross and the goal scored, neither the scorer or team mates went to Jack - Maybe he was elsewhere and the camera did not pick it up - But I felt a touch of excitement for him