Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by PhoenixUnited »

John Dane wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Jack Clarke will be going out on loan as soon as the January window opens. Huddersfield bound I reckon, we really mugged Spurs over this transfer.
Stoke City for the rest of season.
Good luck to the lad. Seems to have been around for ages and yet is just 20 years old.

I won't forget that this kid came off the bench for us in a few games and made me jump out of my seat with excitement. I don't know what happened with him but those performances were just a flicker.

He had that illness when he came off the pitch in one game and has never recovered his form. His career seems to have hit the buffers. I hope he can flourish again
Keep The Faith / WAL
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

PhoenixUnited wrote: He had that illness when he came off the pitch in one game and has never recovered his form. His career seems to have hit the buffers. I hope he can flourish again
I was in the stands that day up at Middlesbrough, scary scenes to be honest.

As we all said at the time, he could go one way or the other, it doesn’t look like he’s going to be playing Premier League football anytime soon.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Jack Clarke got 40 minutes on the pitch on Saturday as a 2nd half sub for Stoke
Winner of the Europa League
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Marco Silvestri in “Serie A team of the season” Whoever saw that coming :crazy: I remember him as an error prone keeper, who makes Casilla look confident...
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

John Dane wrote:Marco Silvestri in “Serie A team of the season” Whoever saw that coming :crazy: I remember him as an error prone keeper, who makes Casilla look confident...
He was a fantastic shot-stopper though.
I think a lot of continental keepers struggle here because they're taught to punch crosses away while we expect a goalie to catch them, then launch a quick counter.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
John Dane wrote:Marco Silvestri in “Serie A team of the season” Whoever saw that coming :crazy: I remember him as an error prone keeper, who makes Casilla look confident...
He was a fantastic shot-stopper though.
I think a lot of continental keepers struggle here because they're taught to punch crosses away while we expect a goalie to catch them, then launch a quick counter.
I actually rated Silvestri although was work in progress while here.

Similar to Meslier now that he was a excellent shot stopper but a bit weak coming off his line and commanding the 6 yard box.
Difference between the two is Silvestri always came for crosses, hence a few errors where Meslier usually stays but given our lack of height I think that also costs us goals.
Age and experience will improve both in that department, goalkeepers usually peak in their late 20's.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I always seemed to find myself standing near his Mrs at away games for some reason :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
John Dane
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by John Dane »

Barlow Boy wrote:
I always seemed to find myself standing near his Mrs at away games for some reason :D
#youtoo :D
gilesdriveby
Simon Grayson's Hairdresser

Post by gilesdriveby »

I always thought that Silverstri was harshly treated because of his links to Belluschi and Cellino. At that stage the dressing room seemed to be divided between Cellino purchases and Redfearns young guns. I think all young goalkeepers and CBs need patience as experience is much more relevant than other positions.

Pleased for the guy. His girlfriend was also easy on the eye but she seemed to be better up front ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Rumours of Simon Grayson to Fleetwood
Winner of the Europa League