Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: Ex-Player/Manager Watch

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Redfearn leaves Newcastle

Former Leeds United boss Neil Redfearn has left his role working with Newcastle United’s under-23 side.

The Chronicle reports that Redfearn leaves after less than a month at the club in what was a short-term deal, which meant he was receptive to jobs offered elsewhere.

They report that he has been offered a longer deal elsewhere.

He was not on the bench for the win over Aston Villa earlier this week.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Redfearn leaves Newcastle

Former Leeds United boss Neil Redfearn has left his role working with Newcastle United’s under-23 side.

The Chronicle reports that Redfearn leaves after less than a month at the club in what was a short-term deal, which meant he was receptive to jobs offered elsewhere.

They report that he has been offered a longer deal elsewhere.

He was not on the bench for the win over Aston Villa earlier this week.
I really do hope he gets settled in a decent job soon. Doesn't have to be manager/head coach role just something he's happy with.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Luke Varney 2 goals this aft for Cheltenham in their 3 nil win at Notts County. :crazy:
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just checking on Mirco Antenucci and he made 81 apperances for his new club SPAL weighing in with 32 goals. Always liked him personally. Giuseppe Bellusci has only made 26 starts for him new club Palmero and finally Marco Silvestri has only made 2 apperances for Hellas Verona.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

CorkWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:
CorkWhite wrote:
kk_white wrote:Slightly different from our normal ex player watch... Early reports from the Liam Miller charity game in Cork (45,000 sell out):

Denis Irwin turning on the style down the left side.

Robbie Keane sending Gary Neville to the shops with some vintage twists and turns :lol:

Denis Irwin scores from the spot for Manchester United XI v Celtic/Ireland XI

Others involved:
Alan Smith
Rio Ferdinand (withdrawn due to operation)
Stephen McPhail
Ian Harte
I watched it on youtube from the Manure TV site. It pained me to see it on MUTV but i did want to see the game and it was quiet competitive even though most of these players were over 40.
Bit of fun, money raised for a good cause, but bloody slow :D
Most of the players mentioned the pace in interviews afterwards.

I'll tell you though, Denis Irwin could nearly do a job at some lower league, even though he's 52!
I always liked Denis Irwin a good honest footballer with a gifted left foot, especially from free kicks, he was a Leeds player first many moons ago.....

Irwin was in our office recently on a Corporate gig. I put a few questions to him on Leeds. I wasnt entertaaining any talk of Cantona but expressed my regret that he left us. He said it was his first knockback in football but tbf he did ok since. He still keeps tabs on us as his wife is a Leeds lass and is highly impressed with Bielsa. He's an overall good guy with no pretensions.
Independent Republic
Eddie Gray's leftorium proprietor

Post by Independent Republic »

I see poor old Harry Kewell got the hop recently. Now he's the one guy for me who is the devil incarnate. A great player for us, but let himself down very badly the way he handled his departure.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just checking on Mirco Antenucci and he made 81 apperances for his new club SPAL weighing in with 32 goals. Always liked him personally. Giuseppe Bellusci has only made 26 starts for him new club Palmero and finally Marco Silvestri has only made 2 apperances for Hellas Verona.
Always liked MA great skillful player, capable of scoring great goals, a sort of poor mans Le tissier. :shifty:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46407975

HUNGRY ?

Brad Johnson banned for 4 matches for biting :lol:
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

rigger wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46407975

HUNGRY ?

Brad Johnson banned for 4 matches for biting :lol:
It did look like a nice cuddly cuddle, but Bradders certainly had a large chunk of Allen's shirt between his teeth as they unclinched. :lol:
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

David Batty is 50 today.