Chris Wood

Leeds United news here, transfer rumours, club affairs, players, fans, etc.
Specific match discussions should go in the category below.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Chris Wood

Post by NottinghamWhite »

So we bought Chris for £3m what's he currently worth in today's marketplace ?
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: Chris Wood

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So we bought Chris for £3m what's he currently worth in today's marketplace ?

Well, given that McCormack's deal was ridiculous, I would expect Chris to command a fee of £7.5m with add-ons taking it to around the ten mil mark.
Jazz My Funk
Neil Redfearn's diversity coach

Post by Jazz My Funk »

How many wanted him out of the club not long ago?

I know Roger Wilkinson, the guy who brought him into the country and introduced him to West Brom. He told me a few years ago he is a Jimmy Greavsie type of player, most clubs were playing him wrong. Great to see he has really started to show his talent this season, now he is probably at the peak of his career so far.
Tourist
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Tourist »

NottinghamWhite wrote:So we bought Chris for £3m what's he currently worth in today's marketplace ?
Well, according to transfermarkt it's only 5,10 mln GBP. And it's a reliable source.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/chris-wo ... ler/108725

The price and the value are two different things, though. Somebody wanting to buy him in the summer would have to cough out 15 mln GPB plus in my opinion.
Deleted User 728

Tourist wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote: The price and the value are two different things, though. Somebody wanting to buy him in the summer would have to cough out 15 mln GPB plus in my opinion.

The price is what someone is willing to stump up.
Transfer Market is a great site but I can tell you now that McCormack would've been listed for no more than six mil prior to his transfer to Fulham for double that :)

I seriously doubt we'd get £15m for him. Possibly £10m, but I don't think we'd even get that - I would think given his age and our status as a Championship club, any transfer would be loaded with performance clauses as it's more of a risky signing for an EPL club.

I would imagine two or three of the lower-half clubs would come in for him in the summer though, so time will tell ..
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

Right now, £130m :thumbup: If we weren't to go up, he still has two years on his contract and we have no need to sell, so we'd be looking at £15m+ judging by similar prices in this league.
Tourist

Post by Tourist »

Haha rigger I was thinking about McCormack and his 10 mln price tag while estimating Wood's :)

But I hold on to this 15 mln for a proven, young and athletic no.9 if a chubby no.44 can go for +10 mln :)
Deleted User 728

Tourist wrote: a proven, young and athletic no.9
I don't think he is proven though : one good, full season.
That's it.
The last two he's been injured and/or missed pre-season.

I'm not dissing him, just trying to be realistic.

We shouldn't let him go for less than £10m, including clauses.
Tourist

Post by Tourist »

rigger wrote:
That's it.

Some years ago yes - one season was not enough to consider someone proven, but now? Martial to ManU or Stones to City are just the examples of how the football's changed. Overpaid? Overhyped? A big money gamble? Of course sir, but there you go. I know that Wood's a bit older than them, but still.
SG90
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by SG90 »

rigger wrote:
That's it.

He scored 20 league goals in 12/13 too. Last year he got 13 while injured and low on confidence. He's a good striker, not a one season wonder.